on 24 August 2006
This is a nice , easy to use fitness guide for any guy wanting to improve his fitness, lose some weight without having to undergo complicated workout regimes or impossible diet plans. The 'no gym' element is very reliable and this book is suitable for any of you who cant be bothered with or unable to join / work out at the gym. Some of the 'no gym' books that I have seen are fine but then require you to install about a grands worth of kit in your back bedroom...no good at all! But anyway how does the book work?,.... nicely illustrated and in a language and style that is easy to take in and absorb. The first part of the book aims to motivate and to establish that fitness doesnt have to be complicated painful or unachieveable. Easy to absorb lots of 'at a glance' lists and tips. The food section is really good. I hate some of the books that quote recipes and ingredients that Ive never heard of. In this one it even tells you how to cook 'healthy chips!' Even I can handle that! A range of whole body exercises (both cardio and weight resistance. All techniques fully explained together with colour pics.

If you seriously want to improve your fitness in a straight forward and achievable manner this book will be of great use to you.
on 31 May 2006
I was immediatly drawn to the title of this book as I thought is was the answer to my prayers. Of course it wasn't. This book is very well written and very well preasented. The style is attempting to talk directly to men. The Diet side of things tells you everything you already know but they've got to go through it any way. I like the recipe section and they are all simple to follow and the ones I have made I found very tasty. The exercise section is good but I personally would have liked more detail.

So why not 5 stars? I have read many of this type of book! (I still need to lose weight, which is more about me, not the books!)This one did not really offer anything I have not already read. At the end of the day we need to eat less and exercise more. I would have liked a more detailed eating plan. For some reason as I read this book I got a feeling that Mr Cracknell didn't have a lot to do with the writing. I may be doing him a huge injustice, and if I am I'm sorry. It just has a ghost written feel to it.
on 18 June 2014
Just a great all round book for getting you motivated to get fit and eat well . There's something for everyone in this book .
on 28 November 2016