TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 September 2013
I read this book after having read 'Losing My Virginity' and being so enthralled by Richard Branson's story that I wanted to read more of about him.

This small book offers exactly what it says it does and it is an enjoyable read. However, this is little more than a very concise version of the autobiography. Whilst it gets to the point quicker and still retains the easy to read and often comical words of Richard Branson, it lacks the depth that was found in the larger autobiography.

For those looking to read about Richard Branson then I would suggest shelling out a few extra pounds and buying his autobiography. All of these lessons are in there but you will just have to dig a little deeper to get them. Thankfully however, because his story is so interesting, that task certainly isn't a chore.
on 6 January 2016
Pages of reminiscing over his rise from early days to where he is today. Only trouble is the world he grew up in at that time is not the world people are experiencing today so its not really very inspiring from that point of view. His main advice is to take care of friends and family, work hard etc are really nothing we dont already know.
on 5 June 2014
This book is interesting and inspiring, and gives an insight into the life and mind set of one of Britain's most famous entrepreneurs, but it's also very short. The book is not large in size - measuring 13 by 19.5cm, contains 106 pages (excluding a two page introduction), and is printed in a reasonably large font. As such I wouldn't recommend giving more than a few quid for it, for £5, one can easily find far more concise books on business, Branson or both. Also, while it is inspiring and interesting, it's not exactly dynamite and so I would not put it in that elusive 'must read' category, but, all things considered, I think at the right price it has something to offer most readers with an interest in this kind of thing.
on 3 June 2014
Great book, quick delivery, finally got it right at the THIRD attempt. I guess they thought "Screw it, let's do it" when dispatching and forgot about quality control.

The first came with a bent cover, the second when you opened the book and read through it the spine came away from the book, presumably because the glue at the spine was of poor quality or old. Add a few pennies to the cost and put in a bit more glue in the spine, it won't break the bank for the reader.

I know it's cheap, but I still would like the book to stay joined to the cover when I am reading it for the first time!
on 5 December 2017
Branson shares a number of stories from his life which makes something that could have been potentially preach-y an engaging read. Short, snappy and easy to read.
on 19 November 2017
It was ok. Nice to have a quick read of something not too heavy going.
The book gives a view of how Richard Brsnson approaches thing but that was about it really. He comes across a a guy trying to do some good in the world which is pretty much how I always saw him
on 20 May 2017
This for me gave me more of insight to what Richard Branson did to get to where he is today. I really enjoy this book and found I was hocked right from the start.
on 12 October 2016
Superb book easy to read to understand Richard Branson
Full of stories of his life
Brilliant read
Would recommend it
on 6 January 2017
Whether you like RB on not, this is a very inspirational book on his rise to fame. A worthwhile read about entrepreneurialism, tenacity, mindset and always believing that there is another adventure out there to be had.
on 5 February 2013
I really loved this book. is incredibly short but so packed of amazing stuff by this inspiring entrepreneur. Honestly, most of the lessons I have already learned them over my life but what is truly amazing is Richard's ability to tell us them. He's very passionate person and incredibly easy to be admired! Sometimes I even got tears in my eyes while reading the book. He's my favourite entrepreneur and big business man and I wish I have the chances to succeed in business and in life like he did, even if in a much smaller scale. thank you for the lessons and keep surprising us! Best regards from Portugal