on 21 February 1999
The book is written by a group of british writers, and as such contains a POV that may not reflect that of the reader. The book is incredibly detailed and is a wonderful reference for any fan (the dedicated and the newbies) who wishes to have it all put together. Wonderfully referenced and cross-referenced I have only 3 complaints 1 - it suffers from historical hindsight in tryng to demonstrate that everything that has ever occured, has been part of the conspiracy. It's like putting a square peg in a round hole and IMHO their mistakes in doing so are glaring 2 - they review every episode and discuss its relevance to the conspiracy. For once I'd like a book that is written in the reverse. a chapter on the aliens, a chapter on the conspirators themselves, a chapter on those who aid and hinder Mulder & Scully, and each one references the episodes. In this way all information relevant to a particular topic is all together not spread out waiting for me to find them in a specific episode review. 3 - they draw conclusions that I just cant agree with such as that Deep throat was never really trying to help them. all in all an excellent book despite these criticisms. it has widened my eyes and made certain things clear that I might never have figured out on my own without spending a month watching and re-watching the episodes (which sounds like fun shopuld I ever have the time to do so!!!!!)
on 23 December 1998
This book gets all 5 seasons and the movie in with complete and deatailed information of each one. The sub-sections of each episode keep me informed on the conspiracy and all other aspects of the show. Only one question: What the heck does Phwoar mean, and when has anyone used that in a sentance? Or is that a fake word? Someone tell me! I love the Phwoar section, though!
on 22 February 2000
I enjoyed this book, but I have to admit I've preferred others. It was written from a definitely male perspective (ie the "Phwoar" section for "One Breath") But it was pretty detailed, and I would recommend it. A shame, though, that it doesn't include season six!