Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Drake Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

My son loves this series - all the books are excellent and this one is no exception. What makes it so accessible is the combination of pictures and clear explanations of complex concepts that are memorable and engaging in a quirky and engaging style.

A must for all things astronomy enthusiasts.
on 12 July 2009
Great book to get kids interested. Kids can relate to the characters and like to draw them. THis helps them to remember the "boring stuff". The series is well worth having on a book shelf to entertain curious kids.
on 26 August 2010
I wish we'd had these books when we were growing up. My daughter uses it for reference and a quick flick tells her what she needs to know. My husband has read it cover to cover and now wants all the others in the series. Definitely recommended!
on 11 September 2015
This book was extremely well received by my young grandson, who is keenly interested in this subject. All the Basher books are well presented, informative and (most important) immediately attractive. They draw you in.
on 7 April 2013
I bought this book for my own use as my science knowledge is almost non-existent. As an "arts" person, I studiously avoided all science except animals and plants. My physics education ceased when I was 13 (my arts full time education ceased when I was 22) but Patrick Moore and then Chris Lintot brought me worlds I wanted to know more about so a (fairly) basic book was needed and I think this has supplied it. The text and the illustrations are memorable and you don't have to be a child to get caught up in the excitement of it.. It may not last too long as I keep going back to it.
on 3 June 2011
my 6 year old can't put these books down. Great little books with easy to read writing and fun pictures. Even i couldn't put down the periodic table book!!! makes learning fun
on 4 May 2011
I add my praise to the other reviews. Excellent book and an excellent series.
Impressed by the subject matters covered.
Look forward to many more as I don't think age is a limiting factor.
on 28 February 2011
This is a lovely little book - good pictures - I think I have read it more than my 9 year old son though, but I think he will pick it up again when he's stopped reading so much Harry Potter.
on 23 May 2015
Got this as a gift for friend's kids. As an introduction to astronomy, and for nurturing curiosity about astrophysics for less than 10 year olds, this book will do.