Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 September 2017
excellent
on 10 April 2017
Love this series of books. A relaxing read!
on 10 June 2017
Always an engaging storyline
on 22 June 2017
Can't have too much Miss Read
on 26 June 2017
Another good Miss Read
on 1 February 2014
I have been reading miss read books since I was seventeen (many years now) her gossipy tales of country life smooth away the stresses of my day as I settle down to sleep, as nothing is as soothing as her depictions of the folk in her books going about their daily lives with small dramas thrown in I feel like I know each character personally and can only wish that there was more from this author concluding these books would not be to everyone's taste but I love them ,this kindle version is fine and properly proof read buy with confidence
on 18 January 2015
I love Miss Reads books and this is no exception. An easy read about old friends and the on going story of life in Thrush Green. Miss Read weaves together so well the place of tradition and celebration in everyday life. Old and young together to honour times and people past in an unsentimental way. Nostalgia for values and community as it once was.
on 18 October 2010
Excellent series as are all Miss Read series. A way of life I remember only too well in my childhood and the whole is well penned describing life just, as indeed, it was. One cared about the characters and it's good to know that when the last page of the last book(penned by the author herself) was turned over, all the characters were not gone but simply within the covers of those books to open again whenever one wanted.
on 23 July 2009
I have long been a fan of Miss Read and have collected her books over many years always delighting in finding one I havent read.

Her books are funny, memorable and Miss Reads ability in 'one liners' is amazing. I particularly love Miss Reads spates with Mrs Pringle, Mrs Pringle always having the last word.

I was not dissapointed when reading this book, I knew I would find gems written on every page.
on 22 March 2015
Another brilliantly enjoyable book by Miss Read - so calming to immerse oneself in particularly when one's mind is overstretched with life's problems - this/these books completely take you into another world and you just don't want the book to end!