Customer reviews

Cemetery Dance: An Agent Pendergast Novel
Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 July 2010
Another enjoyable Pendergast read.
This time, we're back in New York for a romp involving zombies and a sacrificial cult. If you've been reading the series since the beginning - and become happily familiar with Pendergast's friends and acquaintances then you're in for a big shock during the first chapter.
on 24 August 2017
Good book
on 27 August 2017
a great read, a little heavy on the detail but other wise held my interest till the end.
on 26 February 2010
I first found these authors whilst on holiday in Canada visiting family, I had read te books I had taken with me and bought The Book of The Dead which I didn't know at the time was the last in the Diogenes trilogy and I was hooked! Their books are not available in the UK so thank goodness for Amazon! I have almost all of the collaborated books now and just need one to complete my collection.
This book is another brilliant thriller with a twist which I did not see coming and some familiar characters from their other books making an appearance, one of whom dies in the first chapter! You don't need to have read any of the other books to know what is going on in this one.
A very well written enjoyable read which I managed to get through in just oer a week.
If you like thrillers with a twist which grip you from start to finish then these authors could be the ones you have been looking for so give them a go.
A very entertaining enjoyable book.
on 13 February 2012
You may also read my review here: [...]

I am starting to get to the 'enough is enough' point with the Pendergast novels. This is book nine in the series and it was too over-the-top.

Generally, I am pretty open to just about anything, including the un-dead (aka. Zombies) but this book just had too much of everything. The story was about 100 pages too long, had WAY too much detail in areas that didn't require it, areas that weren't important to the overall outcome of the story and it didn't have enough details in the areas that, I felt, deserved it. Also, I felt like the story was too jumpy... just when I was getting into a particular character/part of the story, it would flip to a different part and I would have to get into THAT part again. Ugg... sometimes that can be annoying!

However, for all the negative, there were some good parts... I really did enjoy the climax scenes in the book. The fight/the rescue, all great!! It became a page turner as the book neared the end and as a result, I will be adding book 10 to my 'to-be-read' list.

Overall, if you have read the books in this series, you will probably want to pick this one up as well but if you haven't, your life will go on without adding this one to your bookshelf!
on 2 May 2014
First time I have felt myself thinking, shall l continue with these books, my efforts were not rewarded a all this time.
500 pages to tell this story, was far to long.
It just wasn't polished, lots of small timing mistakes that jarred, or you just end up skipping & scanning through pages of needless words. A whole character was introduced and there was no need. A task was also taken on with no need, both points could, and should have been dealt with differently.
I will never get those few hours back now.

As for the ending... Amazon can l get £2.50 back, l think that is fair.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 June 2015
I haven't read many of this series and not in any kind of order so I may have missed some of the back story but not enough to prevent me enjoying Cemetery Dance. It is a romp round voodoo, zombies and murder which should not, I think, be taken too seriously. Looking back it's all extremely implausible - yes, the plot, but also how it all came together - but it was great fun and an exciting journey to the denouement. I really liked this book as great escapist literature and would recommend it to any reader looking for some brightness on a dull day.
on 29 July 2010
Having read many of the Preston Child novels I enjoyed Cemetery Dance primarily because of my familiarity of the characters - Nora, Pendergast, D'Agosta etc. A good plot although had some strong similarities to Cabinet of Curiosities. The ending explanation was a little too formulaic and at its worst had similarities to a Scooby-Doo explanation. By far the most enjoyable and indeed laugh out loud moments of the read were around D'Agosta's general distain and short temper and his rap with Pendergast. Looking forward to the next in the series.
on 22 June 2009
Following the amazing adventures of Aloysius Pendergast, this book continues the authors' interest in creepy rituals and voodoo and the like. Every page is a compelling and sinister read. If you are a big fan of P&C books you will soon realise how attached to the characters you have become before the end of the first chapter. My only complaint is that I now have to wait another year or so for the next one.
on 25 July 2016
Another series I am thoroughly enjoying working my way through and will continue to read the rest of the books.
Strong, well fleshed out characters and intriguing plots, long may this continue.