Customer reviews

Loved it.
on 16 March 2017
presnt
on 10 April 2017
Oh what a shame.....Have read a few books by this author now and really enjoyed them...But omg this one is pure twaddle! Couldn't finish it.....Really bad on so many levels.....Just awful....
on 10 September 2013
Only recently started reading Erica James and found her books enjoyable, the characters are believable in Act of Faith and it is a very good storyline.
on 7 October 2002
I couldn't put this book down once I had turned the first few pages. The grief of Ali and Elliott is haunting, deep and feels real to the reader. Each character develops and changes both physically and psychologically, and the reader is taken with them.
The other couple Sarah and Trevor are fascinating to show how a dull marriage continues....in this case because of guilt. Erica James has clearly studied the Anglican faith to bring Trevor to life. And the grief of the parents when a child leaves for university was very well portrayed. Great book! Definitely recommended
on 11 February 2001
Although frustrated by Ali's decision, her faith in her friend and lover proves right as this wonderful story unfolds and takes us through some powerful and testing relationships. A delightful weekend read filling me with a range of emotions as each character grapples with their own problems and challenges. They are all likeable and believable and felt rewarded when their respective predicaments were overcome or resolved. Interesting and thought provoking comments on faith and some healthy arguments for and against. Loved the character, Leo, too. Looking forward to more Erica James.
on 10 November 2000
This was unputdownable. Real characters,real life situations, I was desperate to discover the outcome of the character's lives. The author obviously has a huge knowledge of the Anglican faith and I found this very thought provoking. I was lucky my boss didn't catch me reading it at work. Only regret is I didn't save it for a holiday when I could have read all day.
on 20 August 2000
It was with some excitment that I bought the lastest offering from Erica James, but would it, could it be as good as her other books? I wasn't disapointed, from the first page I was well and truely hooked. I found myself holding my breath as each chapter ended, and that ' I'll just read one more,' went out of the window as I consumed the plot while house work piled high, and hungry children tugged at my hem. The descriptive writing of the Cheshire counrty side was accurate and wounderful, and memories flooded back from the years when I lived there. There was only one real drawback to reading the book and that was finishing it. Well done Erica, when's the next one due?