Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Learn more Fitbit

on 15 February 2015
I had heard good things about this book - other reviewers, both professional and amateur have praised Mason's honesty and humour so I started on the book with high hopes. Too many memoirs seem little more than ego stoking self justification, designed only to show their authors in the best possible light.
Well, hooray! This was exactly the book I'd heard great things about. Little egotism here, I soon warmed to Mason's self-deprecating, open and honest writing style.
I was aware that from the earliest days Nick Mason had been recording events, whether as diaries, scrapbooks or whatever. He has done a great job sharing the history of the band with honesty and humour, it was very funny and irreverent of the band that some people take far too seriously. I read this book back-to-back with Mark Blake's band history and they complimented each other very well. Both were excellent books and thoroughly recommended.
on 24 June 2017
I feel a bit mean awarding this book only 3 starts, but as much as it provides a dignified account of the band's well documented difficult history, it also lacks warmth and insight and feels at times as if it has been written by committee. By so obviously setting out not to offend anyone, Nick Mason comes across as terribly nice, but petrified to make a comment or share an anecdote about Messrs Gilmour and Waters. Indeed the two of them were asked to vet the book and no doubt it would have been a more interesting read prior to this process. At times the prose leans heavily towards the technical, explaining in great detail the recording process, use of instruments etc., which whilst fascinating to some, will leave others cold. I'd have liked more about the motivation and background of the members and how they maintained a fresh, creative approach to their craft. There is an obvious need for either Roger or David to talk, and in his wife David has the perfect biographer!
on 15 May 2017
If Nick Mason's publishers did not employ a ghost-writer to polish his text - and there is no indication that they did - then this is a finely-written and honest work.

Oh, and he's a cracking drummer, too . . !
on 28 July 2017
I loved this book. I felt like I travelled back in time with Nick Mason, to times before I was born, and enjoyed every bit of it. He combines his sharp wit with an ability to bring you right into his story, and I loved being sucked into the life of one my all time favourite bands.
on 28 May 2017
An excellent read (especially if you are a Floyd fan). Very good book would recommend it to anyone.
on 4 July 2017
Essential Reading for everyone who loves the Band,crammed full of little known facts,with laugh out loud anecdotes
on 18 July 2017
It all makes sense now.... well, kind of! Very interesting read!
on 18 June 2017
Gift for my dad and he loved it.
on 18 March 2017
good condition.good read
on 13 August 2016
As expected - I'm looking forward to reading it.

Lea Čapková