Customer reviews

on 11 February 2017
The first Asterix book I ever read, and still one of my favourites. As a youngster I didn't quite get the contemporary resonance of the story (a nice commentary on property development and its associated scandals, highly topical at the time of writing, and still relevant today), but its wit and panache are classic Goscinny. My kids love it too.
on 4 February 2018
My son loves these books is hoping to collect all of them
on 12 October 2016
on 27 March 2016
Another great book from asterix
on 3 May 2015
Bought these for my little lad, shame he cant read them yet, thats my excuse anyway.
on 19 November 2014
This was a gift for my nephew and was very well received. Good price
on 18 June 2015
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 November 2014
Good all round purchase
on 26 August 2007
A slight departure from the norm for a deeper tale with a warning for our modern world. This is an environmentalist story about the dangers of over uburnanisation of areas of natural charm and beauty. The finding of uprooted trees, much to Dogmatix's horror, is a prelude to a massive construction of holiday apartments (in the latest classical style) on the villagers' doorstep. Asterix and Getafix use their wits to put a stop to this rural vandalism. An interesting story this one and a nice change, and there are still plenty of legionaries to bash. Possibly the most overtly French of all the books and definitely the most political.
on 4 January 2011
Thirty or so years after my Mum and Dad first bought their children Asterix and Obelix books all three of us keep returning to them. They are extraordinary accomplishments; beautifully drawn and coloured and wittily written with slap stick guffaws and giggle-groaning puns. Everybody should own all Asterix books. I'll lob in a similar suggestion on behalf of Tintin, Judge Dredd and Charlie's War; all classics too - 'By Toutatis!'