on 22 May 2003
In a time when people have become increasingly specialised in what they do, with certificate education rife and compartmental careers the norm, this book is a must-have. In the past, parents, grandparents and even great-grandparents would have given you a big chunk of this sort of everyday information, which they themselves would have gleaned from a rich and diverse experience of life. But those ties have gradually eroded away. Luckily this book fills the gap.
Maybe that's all nostalgic nonsense. Either way, this book is an indispensable guide to mastering the finer elements of those everyday activities.
on 23 September 2011
I originally thought this book would be a 'small' helpful book with some handy hints and tips in it. It's actually A4 size with excellent quality paper and printing and, I think, absolutely wonderful. There are hundreds and hundreds of really interesting 'facts' and very 'handy hints and tips' on quite a wide variety of subjects. To me, it's a kind of information and reference book that I will be using again and again and again for information on a whole load of subjects.
I'm really glad that I bought it and I know that I'll use it often. I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about buying it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 December 2013
This book is like having a cleaning expert handy to help when something goes wrong around the house, garden or with pets or people.
You can dive in and find out all sorts of things you would not think of trying before.
It's quite a large sized book about ten to twelve inches high and about an inch thick.
on 27 August 2010
Trade Secrets: Everything You Will Ever Need to Know About Everything

I have had a copy of this book from some time and love it
but i was sick of people asking to loan it
so i got another two so give as gifts
on 19 March 2008
Such a useful book.

One of the previous reviewers thought it should have been broken up into several smaller books, I could not disagree more. True, this is a large book, but it's well set out, clearly written and is a font of good old fashioned advice.
My copy always sits on a shelf in my living room, and is my first port of call for a simple answer to most household queries. When I moved to America, it was one of the first things I packed.

I suppose that some of the information I may never actually use, but like the television series this book came from, it is all fascinating stuff.
on 17 December 2013
A bit of a mix up with this book, thought it was a hardback, like the book, but very expensive for a paperback. Seller did offer to refund, no fault there at all, was my own fault for not reading it right.
on 17 April 2013
Does what it says on the cover "Everthing you will ever need to know about everything!" Really good and we have referred to it quite frequently.
on 17 June 2014
Highly recommend this book as a must for everyone, and would benefit any reader, as it gives really useful tips and advice.
on 13 December 2012
Useful and entertaining. I left it on my coffee table an absolutely everyone picks it up! A quirky idea which really works
on 11 June 2014
This is an excellent reference book which we refer to on a regular basis. We would not wish to be without it!