Customer reviews

on 19 July 2017
In excellent condition
on 30 October 2002
This book is absolutely increadable! I got it from the library 2 days ago and have been reading it in every available moment scince. The tension is palpable and most of the time i was holding my breath!
The plot is intricately woven with humour, horror, romance and questions. The suspense almost killed me and the answer will shock and horrify you. I recomend this book for anyone who has ever considered that things are not always as they seem!
on 14 February 2002
I got two books from asda and from the start to finish I read both books in 4 days. I couldnt pt the books down. I am know looking for her other books just to feed my obession with her style of writing. It is a good mixture of romance and thriller that makes her books so different
on 3 March 2001
I've read all three of the 'Shadow' books but this one is by far the best of them. Having got those enigmatic glimpses of Noah in the other two books its a relief to be able to know what caused the shadow and the scar!. The twists and turns in the plot mean you think you've figured out the solution and its all tidy and then wham Kay Hooper pulls a swift 180 degree turn and you back trying to put the pieces together again. This definately a book to read with the light on and someone close by, but make sure you feed the cat just in case!
on 5 May 2006
I read this book a couple of times and I thought it was excellent. It is a really good supernatural thriller. If you like thrilling books it's right up your alley, it's got everything. It's got adventure action and a supernatural edge. A must buy! The other books in the the Shadows trilogy are a must read too!
on 5 July 2004
I picked this book on a whim and I thank my lucky stars that I was feeling bored that day. What an amazing and nail biting book. I simply couldn't put it down. I promptly went out and bought the other two books in the trilogy. They can however be read in isolation. I can't wait to start on her other books. Shadow series is not a book for the cynical.
on 4 January 2008
Sheriff Miranda Knight has been secretly using her psychic ablilty to solve crime in Cox County Tennessee, but when a serial killer starts brutally murdering teenagers in town her psychic powers draw a blank. Worry about her nineteen year old sister adds to her woes. She needs help and she knows where to get it, though she doesn't want to go there, but she must. She calls in former lover FBI profiler Noah Bishop and his team of psychic agents.

This five star thriller should be hard to believe in, but it's not. Hooper just keeps getting better. She paints a believable past for Knight and Bishop, tells us Bishop's story through Knight's eyes and keeps her readers hanging on every word. A little graphic, no, a lot graphic, but I believe it's necessary for the story.

Review Submitted by Katie Osborne
on 19 August 2007
This is definately a good book, best out of the Trilogy. Will keep you entertained and will probably mess up your sleeping pattern as well because you won't want to put it down.
on 22 May 2008
This book I found to be a little bland and not half as good as 'Stealing in the Shadows' which I found to be much more chilling. Therefore I think it only deserves 3 stars
on 30 September 2014
Love this series and author. Never fails to grasp my attention