Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 6 November 2001
This is an excellent read. I was unsure when reading the first chapter as I couldn't see how I could care much about the characters but they gradually grow on you! By the end of the book you feel like they are old friends and can almost envisage what happens next! It is carefully written with the authors usual wry sense of humour and descriptions that take you right into the heart of the story. There are poignant moments and I felt especially that the character of Gabriel was very well portrayed. The sympathy for him does not happen automatically but gaining insights into his past allows both Clara and the reader understand and warm to him more. There are the usual variety of characters and, as in all the other Erica James novels, you are drawn into their world and cares. I couldn't put this book down and spent a very enjoyable few hours in the company of the cast and the descriptions of the Peak District. Highly recommended to all fans of Erica James and if you've never read one of her books before then start with this one!
on 1 May 2017
Loved this book. Obviously you can guess the happy ever after ending but getting was really enjoyable. The characters were strong, especially Gabriel and the banter and dialogue between him and Clara was good. Story was sad in places.
on 10 May 2017
From the very start I got hooked into this lovely story. Oh how I wished to have a camper van and do as Clara did and travel this beautiful country, quite jealous if truth be known. Who knows it's never too late I suppose.
The book is a l lovely heart warming story. I love Ericas' books as they make me smile and feel good at heart
on 5 May 2017
A lovely book, I had to have it on my Kindle which I find easier to read in bed. It is a feel good book which I recommend to all.
on 29 June 2017
Pretty good book but not my face Erica James, slightly harder to get into than normal
on 11 April 2017
Ordered in error
on 31 August 2017
Great story teller , keeps you engaged and creates characters you care about , easy reading .Will definitely look into others by the same author
on 2 May 2017
Great book, really enjoyed it
on 19 July 2017
A great read
on 10 September 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this book, found it hard to put down. The storyline was excellent from beginning to end. Pure escapism.