Customer reviews

on 27 November 2000
this book is really good. it tells the story of their whole lives and being a fan of everything that they did together helps me enjoy this book even more. I must have read this book 5 times!
on 16 July 2000
The photo inserts from Vic and Bob's friends provided in themselves an insight into their lives. It was very well reserched and I read it in about a day anyway! It has some great anecdotes and general information and I loved almost as much as I love Vic and Bob! If you are a fan, don't delay, buy it now! (and no, I don't work for Amazon!)
on 21 August 2014
A great insight into the times when the British comedy scene was just about to explode into the 90's. Jim Moir and Bob Mortimer were well ahead of the movement with their mercurial and convivial shows in the Goldsmiths Tavern and later, the Hackney Empire. If you're a fan like me it's a must read!!
on 3 September 2000
I think this book is an excellnt read. From the first day I got it I couldn't put it down because I was so interested in it. The pictures that were inserted from when they were younger and also pictures of their shows that they have done. If you are interested in Reeves and Mortimer then this is a definate must have because if you have any other books, or video's by Reeves and Morrtimer then this will finish off your collection and you will also find put a lot of stuff, which I found interesting. Especially the things about their child hood!
on 8 February 2016
Little known facts about Reeves and Mortimer cram this old book.Youy will laugh out loud, snigger like a schoolboy and be open mouthed in amazement. Utter respect to these two very funny men.
on 19 December 1999
At one time I ran the official fan club for Reeves and Mortimer, yet this book taught me all kinds of trivia I could only have guessed at! Love the photo inserts too. Highly recommended.
on 3 February 2015
very pleased with purchase thanks
on 11 December 2000
If you like Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer, and you have all the videos. Then this will be a great thing to buy. It is excellent, because it tells you everythiong about, them growing up and also how they met, while Vic was preforming. This is an excellent thing if you collect their work as well. I had so much fun reading it and I must have read it loads of times and I'll read it over and over again because I love reading it so much. And when I do read it I can hardly put it down.
A straightforward telling of a tale - the writing doesn't exactly leap from the page, the prose does not dance; in fact in a few places, the writing was so clumsy I had a job to tell just exactly the author was actually trying to say - but I came to this biography as a dyed in the wool Vic and Bob fan, I'm a captive audience, I was bound to keep reading. The story is interesting, the anecdotes entertaining.

It's an older book than I realised. It finishes just when the story was actually getting most interesting - Randall and Hopkirk was just being made, Bang Bang and Catterick and the half-decade lull in Vic and Bob's careers were still in the future when this book was written. A follow-up seems long overdue.
on 13 June 2016