on 25 June 2017
I love the film, and thought the book was an excellent read. But they were different, of course, and that was my reason for reading it. So this is not only a review, but also a comparison.

I still prefer the beginning of the film version, as this is straight into the action and the background of the story. That stated, I thought that in general, the book was much better and had a firmer plot. The ending of the book was far superior, although one loose end, the red car, still troubles me.

Connelly writes hidden clues in a similar way to myself, and I picked all but one, which I got before the revelation. That was good. The book and film plots went their different ways before halfway, and thus I was able to enjoy the book for what it was, a very good read.

I would definitely recommend this book to others, regardless of if they have seen the film or not. The book contains much more detail, and explores the characters and their interrelated emotions at a deeper level. But for me, the originality of the plot premise is what makes the book for me.
on 9 September 2017
The First Mccaleb Book that I have read! Great storyline and plot. Another Michael Connelly thriller. I f you have missed reading it ,now is the time!
on 17 May 2017
This was an excellent read, Terry McCalebs investigation does not disappoint. Rather than find the killer the excitement is find the motive. Lots of twists and turns made all the more remarkable as Terry has just had a heart transplant and he even has time for a little love interest.
on 14 September 2017
As always Michael Connelly produces a good read. There is an unexpected twist right at the end that I did not see coming.
on 16 May 2002
I have read all of Connolly's books up to his latest release "City of Bones" and I can say that "Blood Work" is yet another fine piece of work. In this book we meet a new character, Terry Mccaleb. A retired FBI profiler who, after suffering a heart attack, seeks to hunt down the one person who saved his life! The book is typically Connelly: A steady pace through-out the novel with twists and turns until the final chapters where it erupts into fast paced action! I recommend to anyone that enjoys Crime fiction to read the entire works of Michael Connolly. Just as a tip, start reading the novels in the order that they were published; you will learn more about the characters and get the chance to follow them as they develop through his works.
on 16 August 2017
A very good read thank youJBC
on 13 June 2017
Very good and looking forward to more of Terry Mccaleb, that is if he can stand the pace of his lifestyle !
on 30 April 2015
Amazing work from Michael Connelly yet again. I THINK I've read all of his books now and none have disappointed.
on 4 June 2017
A wonderful writer who explains intricate plots to make books enjoyable and worth reading.
on 15 July 2017
Excellent price, VERY fast delivery service, cannot fault in any way. Would not hesitate to use again if situation arises.