Customer reviews

on 30 March 2001
I can't say that Christina Jones keeps getting better and better - because I seem to read her books out of order AND they are all equally great. (OK, I do have a special fondness for the first one I read, "Jumping to Conclusions".) I love how she picks the same general geographical location to write about, weaves characters from previous books in, but has a fresh cast of characters to tell the main story. Drew and Maddy (from the fabulous "Going the Distance") figure into the story, as does jockey Charlie Somerset (in fact, this provides excellent development of his character, to make "his" story, "Jumping to Conclusions" all the better). But the main story is of Georgia and Rory. Georgia (and her nymphomaniac grandmother!) runs a small, private trucking firm. Things start to go wrong as a big, corporate trucking firm tries to move in to their territory - accidents, ugly rumours, events that prevent them from making deliveries on time, etc. Unfortunately for Georgia, these events coincide with the arrival of Rory - the man of her dreams (she hopes). Is Rory a spy for the other company (the evidence is incriminating)? Or, is he "the one"? If you are a fan of Ms Jones' writing, you really don't have a doubt how it's going to turn out - but the journey there is still so much fun. Lots of humor, lots of good people - even the bad people are amusing and fun to read about. As usual, the supporting cast of characters (literally, since an amateur dramatic production figures prominently) are wonderful. And, like I said, pay attention to Charlie here - and then get "Jumping to Conclusions" to see how he turns out! My only regret is that US publishers haven't deemed to bring Christina Jones' books over - I have to pay the postage from the UK - but I'm going to be placing another order soon for the rest of her books!
on 8 May 2017
This is the first trilogy I've read by Christina Jones and I have enjoyed the first 2 books. The books are easy going and very enjoyable. It's great to read a romance novel that isn't repetitive and full of steamy content.
on 7 November 2000
I have read all of Christina Jones' novels, and found Running the Risk to be just as enjoyable, engrossing and addictive as all the others. Anyone wishing to read a 'putdownable' story of modern romance, family business and believeable and humerous situations can do no better than buy this book. I await her next novel, as always, with baited breath!!
on 9 June 2000
This is a feisty book with characters who come alive. I loved how real the first kiss between Rory and Georgia was, incredible sexual tension which is not simple to resolve. The characters aren't as involving as Maddy and Drew and the rest of the Milton St John crew in Christina's first book "Going the Distance" but it's a hell of a giggle nonetheless.
on 10 January 2001
This is another brill book!! If you read this Rory sounds like a complete hunk it had all of my feeling really sexy when rory grabbed Georgia. When things aren't going the way they should be you think to yourself No Georgia don't take her in,I really did not like Sabrina at first it felt like she was after everything thing that Georgia had. You really do get into the book and you feel like you are there in the back ground watching but when you shout at the book and the rest of the family look, at you like you have lost your mind that is when you are brought back to reality. I would definatly recomend this and any other Christina Jones novel
on 22 May 2000
A brilliant book, as are all of her others, especially 'Going the Distance'. Girls with guts that have lives but like sharing them with men and friends. I look forward to each one that comes out.
on 11 February 2010
I have read many Christina Jones books, some in order, some not, but it does not matter. The characters come alive and you really feel for them. I cry, laugh and smile along with what is happening. I really love the way characters from other books are brought in to the stories. I have bought some of the books new and many used (previously loved). I am trying to collect them all. I have them stashed away so that I can read them again and again when I get some peace and quiet.
Read them, love them and enjoy them.
on 18 September 2014
I loved this book. A great story set in the world of haulage. Brilliant characters with a few familiar ones from Milton St John book one thrown in. The usual happy ending but why else do we read Christina Jones novels if not for just that.
on 25 November 2000
Running the Risk is Christina Jones' second novel following Going the Distance, and I can honestly say that her first was no fluke. She writes in such an easy, believable style that makes reading her novels a pleasure. Running the Risk, with it's central storyline of Georgia the Transport Business Owner and Rory, one of her (handsome) drivers is truly gripping and while you sit reading you're holding your breath waiting for them to get it together. But not only that, Christina Jones has the knack of involving other characters in her novels in such a way that they are an essential part of the story and equally enthralling.
I cannot recommed her novels highly enough - buy one now, sit down, and enjoy !!
on 6 April 2013
What else is there to say? This book is up to the brilliant standards of her others and therefore it merits 5 stars.

Anyone who likes an entertaining read, should get this.