Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Learn more Fitbit

Customer reviews

on 24 January 2015
Disappointed! Not in the book itself which contains nice colour shots and informative text but the advertising of the book and indeed the foreward which give a totally different impression of what to expect. The writer in his press release tells of holidays based near Beaulieu Road station, watching trains at that station and even befriending the drivers and fireman who paused there on the stopping trains. As such I expected some pictures of Beaulieu Road station but there is not even one. As my main interest was Beaulieu Road I feel the book as been a waste of my hard earned money.As a general book on the Waterloo to Weymouth line it is good but that in itself isn't what I expected from the advertising.
In 1965 ,when I was not quite sixteen , such was my love for the fast departing steam locomotives of the Southern Region of British Railway , that my grandfather paid for me to travel seperately , by train , to join my parents and younger brother holidaying in Weymouth . This excellent book , by Andrew Britton , reminded me vividedly of that last ever mainline rail journey I took on a train hauled by steam . Undertaken behind , I think , a rebuilt West Country class loco it was a journey which this book warmly evocates . A delight and thoroughly recommended .
on 28 May 2014
I am enjoying the book as I go through it. All pictures in colour, none of which Iv'e seen before. Brought back sad memories to see locos that are long gone but also happy ones too because I was there,I saw it.
on 12 May 2014
Loved the book, brought back memories of steam to Weymouth.
Excellent pictures, especially the ones that I had never seen before.
Would recommend this book to anyone.
on 8 January 2015
This book was bought as a present so I haven't examined it in detail.
on 14 July 2014