on 23 April 2017
Brought my memories flooding back I can relate to every page it was like being 16 again you must read this book
on 19 March 2017
This is pretty bland stuff - yes it bought back memories but it too often states the well-trodden obvious. Worst crime though is the reliance on anecdotes from the public which are then repeated in the text. No insight, no humour, no point. I gave up half way through.
on 2 November 2014
This book is a must for 50 somethings who love nostalgia and who have fond memories of this great decade. We didn't realise it was a great decade at the time but this book covers all aspects of the time. Fabulous!
on 22 August 2013
A great book that you can just dip in when you want to. Brought back lots of memories and comments like - thats just how it was. All in a real journey down memory lane
on 4 May 2013
Absolutely brilliant! A real trip down memory lane for all of us that were teens in the 70s. Memories that i'd forgotton and some i wish i had!
on 13 July 2014
This book took me back 40 years, I had forgot some of the things, would recommend to anyone who was born in the 60s
on 30 November 2013
A very informative book about the 70's. It was a walk down memory lane for a few of us. We all enjoyed reading it.
on 24 February 2015
Such a good book interesting and brought back a lot of good memories of my childhood you should read it
on 28 January 2015
My husband is reading this book at the moment and is thoroughly enjoying it. I bought it as one of 50 presents for his 50th birthday. The theme was to find presents through the decades and when I searched for 1970, this popped up. My husband has never really grown up so to see him lost in a book that took him back to his early teens and beyond, has brought a smile to my face. It's not a long account of the 70's, just enough to get the old brains cells ticking back.
on 4 July 2014
I was born in 1960, the same year as the author, so I too was a teenager in the Seventies. Reading this book brought the memories flooding back although I must say the people interviewed appeared to have had a far more interesting time than me. I think my teenage years were a little dull and boring compared to some people's! It makes me think I may have missed out on something. But nevertheless, this book was still an interesting read.