Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 August 2014
Mercifully I didn't by this book but retrieved it from a hotel library. Should be titled the big book of lists and repetition. The author runs out of material a few chapters in and resorts to listing and repeating the listing under different chapter headings. I gave up and put it back in the library. How this ever got published I will never understand.
on 15 November 2014
Enjoyed this from a nostalgic perspective, it covers my teenage years!!
Only gripe is that it sometimes degenerates into 'lists'.
on 1 March 2015
Enjoy a bit of nostalgia! Brought back memories of all the things we used to play with, read, eat, watch etc in the70's. Great days!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 August 2013
What happened to draw us into the kinds of clothes we wore, the games we played, the music and TV we loved back in the70s? Could there ever be another decade like it ever again? Probably, only ever in a book like this one; a terrific look back by someone who lived it to the full. I'm sooooo tempted to buy some 'Clackers'. I was really good at playing that!!! Awesome book.
on 2 June 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it was a real trip down memory lane, and should appeal to anyone who grew up in the 1970s. It's not an autobiographical novel by any means, just an account of one boy's memories of the 1970s, and the mention of toys, sweets, games, past-times, films, TV shows and music brought my own happy childhood and teenage memories flooding back - definitely woth a read - enjoy!!
on 27 January 2013
I really liked this book but I have to disagree about the ice cream van' s, there are plenty of them that come round our area in the summer playing tunes that I remember from the 70s.
on 7 July 2014
Lots of things I remember and I would rather forget as too embarrassing ie clothes and 'pop' groups.
on 12 March 2015
Reading this prodded my memory and reminded me of some of the other things I used to do as a kid.
on 14 July 2013
A good book, which had me thinking back with a broad grim. A simpler time, maybe. A lot of fun to be a kid then.
on 1 July 2014
Very simple read that triggered fond memories and much conversation.