Format: Hardcover|Change

on 6 May 2012
After previously reading and enjoying the Lancaster Story in the same series, I was looking forward to reading about this incredible aircraft. Sadly I was a bit disappointed. I'm not sure if it's the different author's writing story or what, but it really was less engaging. Some nice photos, but I'm sure there are much better books out there on the subject.
on 5 November 2014
what a rip off this is just a list of facts ,no attempt has been made to put it into a readable or interesting format
these facts are all available on-line .the free download did not contain any actual excerpt from the book
and was exceptionally short it was very disappointing and a total waste of money.
on 4 February 2015
As always this format is good value and an easy read. However I won't say this title is really a good book. It is sort of overwhelmed by the huge subject and lacks in several areas such as variant overview plus detail and interior photos. It does tells some interesting anecdotes though.
on 9 March 2015
This book is very small, more like A5 and just about 10mm thick with the heavy covers.
Small pages, large text.
For such a major player of WWII aviation, it's a brief Chat, hardly a story.
Expensive for what it is.
on 17 February 2014
I bought this book as a Christmas present for my dad who has always had a very strong interest in planes that were used by fighter pilots during World War Two. I haven't read it myself but my dad really enjoyed reading the book which contains very good photos of the planes and the people responsible for designing them, and the book is very detailed information-wise. Very highly recommended.
on 2 July 2014
too short
no detail
no illustrations
a complete disappointment
it's only £1.97 because the author wants to rip you off
on 25 September 2013
It covered all the info I required and I found more than expected about the roles that the aircraft performed.
on 1 June 2015
I bought it for my husband as he worked on them some long time ago. He enjoys the book immencely.Constantly exclaims "I wish I had kept my Log books."
on 28 June 2014
cover of book was as advertised but was the wellington bomber story inside obviously a printers error and lack of checking at sales end
on 22 July 2015
Narrative is informing in a relaxed manner. However, have seen better and in particular lack of good pictures was disappointing.