Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now

on 7 January 2012
bought this for my husband as he enjoys most books on norfolk and this one did not fail , we find niel storey an very good writer of local history and was a pleasant surprize to find so muchto learn about our dear old norfolk,
on 16 March 2012
Bought this book for my 85 year old Norwich born and bred Dad with a view to reading it myself once he has finished with it. He is full of praise for the book and is amazed by all the things he didn't know about his home county. He is not an avid reader but read up to page 84 in one sitting. You can't get better praise than that. I will be looking out for more books by Neil Storey.
on 4 May 2012
This little book is designed for both those lucky enough to live in Norfolk, as well as those who decide to visit this wonderful county. Interesting and obscure facts abound, and it is a book that one can pick up and find something to both amuse and interest at any time. The illustrations (mainly line drawings) add to the fun. Highly recommended.
on 25 October 2015
Writing as a Norfolk resident I found this book fascinating. Not quite as good as the Little Book on Norwich, as some information is repeated. Inevitably the information it contains is to be found in many other books about Norwich but this I found to be well presented in an easily readable format without it turning into a scholarly research tool. Whether Neil Story or others did the original research, for a huge amount of work has gone into this volume, is not clear. That aside it's presentation make for a delightful read. I appreciate Norfolk's history so much more as a result of this purchase. It may be a Fine City today, but our forebears here had a pretty ghastly place to live smitten with disease and skirmishes. The church does not show up in a good light so much so I feel ashamed ofits past history. May be its no chance that Norwich has the lowest Church attendance in the country.
on 14 February 2013
I am a fan of the QI style byte sized fact and this is like reading one of the QI books but all about Norfolk. Entertains and informs and can be read install chunks, and I've learnt a lot about my home county. I'd would recommend Tito trivia lovers
on 28 November 2012
Bought this for my father as a present, since receiving it he has thoroughly enjoyed the book - relaying interesting facts and stories to me each time I visit. Glad I bought it.
on 12 July 2013
I got this for a elderly lady who comes from Norfolk. I read a little bit of this and I really enjoyed it.
on 19 May 2015
I bought this as a gift for my brother who lives in Norfolk. He loved it. It has given him loads of ideas for visits and informed him of many of the secrets to be found in his local area.
on 14 February 2014
OK if you are into collecting trivial facts. I don't know how many are correct though. Certainly it is a mistake to say that Lord Nelson lost his right eye at the Battle of the Nile. Also, it is strange that Parson Woodforde doesn't get a mention.
on 9 April 2016
Excellent summary of facts unknown facts of that delightful county, also excellent service as usual.