Customer reviews

on 14 October 2009
An excellent book about a noble ship; a true reflection of its title.
With contributions by two of the most experienced Masters of the Cunard Line, the contents are rich - yet there is clarity in the factual details, often allowing the pictures to speak for themselves.

All the photographs included on this journey are superb. Full of depth, they convey a sense of variety and luxury rarely found, either afloat or indeed in an average bookstore! Not claiming to be a technical book, it's full of images that leave you in no doubt about what will be discovered aboard Queen Mary 2.

Additionally, the authors take the reader to many parts of the ship that are usually 'out of bounds' to passengers. These include views of QM2's bridge, her engines, one of her numerous galleys and the stores; there are careful explanations throughout, and a useful glossary.

The authors' books about QE2 have been much acclaimed, this book deserves no less. Queen Mary 2 could be described as awesome - a grand ocean-going liner, yet somehow the photographers manage to portray not only the majesty of QM2, they show her character in a more intimate way too - a considerable achievement, given her size.

Chris Frame and Rachelle Cross have succeeded in providing the future passenger with a magnificent overview.
At the same time, this book would also provide a lasting reminder of a memorable voyage aboard
a ship that was once 'fleet-mate' of Queen Elizabeth 2
on 17 July 2010
I bought this book as a Father's Day gift, since my parents had just returned from a cruise on board this ship. Although I have not seen the book for myself yet, I have been told by my dad that it is fabulous and that the photographs are wonderful. It was especially important to me that the phorographs were of high quality, since my parents found it very difficult to get decent interior shots while onboard due to the sheer scale of the vessel and lack of professional photographic equipment. It will be a treasured memento of a fantastic cruise for many years to come.
on 12 August 2010
My wife and I found the information and photos in this book to be of great use in planning our trip. The quality of the photos are excellent. The test and information, informative. I would recommend this excellent book to anyone planning to go on the Queen Mary 2, though I did wish there were more pics on the acommodation.
on 6 January 2011
Having travelled Westbound transatlantic during the summer of 2010 I bought this book as a reminder of the journey. Took lots of pictures while onboard but the pictures in the book are taken with the state /public rooms empty and better capture the beauty of this ship. Nice glossy prints and just about the right amount of detail information on the ship.

Worth purchasing if you want to find out more about this ship and look at the suites on the upper decks that most of us can only dream of!
on 4 January 2010
excellent pictures, a book to rememeber that special trip. A great pressie for my mother in law who sailed on QM2 for a trip of a lifetime
on 26 December 2013
This is the best QM2 book out there if you want to know what the ship looks like. Through hundreds of pictures, Frame & Cross show you the ship from her bridge, to engine room and all the public rooms in between. It is an absolute treasure. Loved it.
on 13 December 2013
I bought this for a friend but was disappointed to see the back cover of the book was damaged & I could not use it as a gift. The seller was happy to refund the the price of it & did so promptly, plus let me keep the book to donate to charity
on 15 February 2014
bought as a presnt for parents who have booked a QM2 cruise. I read it from cover to cover. Great'did you know boxes, excellent photography and interesting write ups. Delivery and price very good. Can't fault it
on 30 August 2015
Very insightful:-) Can't wait for our cruise next year.