Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 29 August 2017
This was a great find and has helped me to finally fall in love with soup! Never been a soup water before, except when unwell and would then roll out the tinned variety. This book is inspirational and I now make batches of soup each week for my lunch! My favourite is the roasted sweet peppers and tomato.
on 14 October 2017
Deep scratches on front cover, but it's a good book. Was meant to be a gift, now I'll have to explain before that it's secondhand.
on 29 March 2017
Exactly what I was Loking for.👍🏻
on 6 November 2017
Very pleased
on 4 December 2005
I have owned this book for over a year now and it is the most used cookbook on my shelf. Every time I cook a soup from it, I get compliments and empty bowls. Most of the recipes are quick and simple to make and if you don't have the exact ingredients, still tend to work well. As a final bonus, my children's vegetable intake has doubled since starting to cook these soups. A must buy!
on 8 January 2006
I have owned this book for... ooooh... well it seems like forever but I'm guessing since 1996! This is esily the most used recipe book on my shelf, and I have a few. Never have I offered a soup from this book without a chorus of praise, I've altered some of the recipes, I object to buying a chicken just to make stock for a soup for example, so I've used Chicken Oxo. Where I've made a predominantly vegetable soup which has asked for Chicken Stock I've used Green Oxo. So appreciative have my friends been of the soups from this book that I must have bought 6 or 7 copies of it just as presents. Buy it, use it, love it... but be adventurous and change the odd thing here and there and see what you think of the alterations, the book even has a grid at the back for you to record the changes you have made and your verdict on the outcome.
on 7 February 2005
We now live on soup, and almost always home-made - thanks to this excellent book! The recipes are often easy to follow, and there are things for all occasions and tastes - including chocolate soup... Wouldn't be without it!
on 16 August 2008
I've had this book (the older edition) for almost 10 years now and I'm still using it. The recipes always work perfectly, the short little stories over each recipe are fun to read and I've never made any soup from this or the other two books without people asking for second, third and in one case even fourth helpings (and most of the time the soup was supposed to be the starter!). Normally, I make at least double the quantities because of that. Can you say more to show just how yummy the recipes are? This definitely is a book I couln't live without. Everybody should have it!
on 5 November 2003
I love this book! I am an avid fan of CG soups anyway and rarely buy other brands, and while this book offers recipes of the CG soups that are usually on offer, it also has loads more fantastic, exotic and, in some cases highly unusual, recipes. I will be busy soup-making for the foreseeable future! Well done again, Covent Garden Soup!
on 11 January 2007
I can only say that any foodie will be delighted and inspired by the soups in the book. You can take the theme and develop it and produce tailor made specials to suit you and your family. My favorite is the spicy peanut soup, it is a real winner. My best tip is to make a large pot of stock and freeze in meal size bags. then when you want to make a soup it only takes a short while with not too much preparation. My children love the soups and keep trying to persuade us to try new ones.

A real winner!