Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Matt Terry Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 29 January 2013
This is definitely worth a read, it's wonderfully written and very honest, with Scott describing all his highs and lows and the amazing journey he has been on. It's really difficult not to sound cheesy in this review, but it's amazing just how much Scott has been through, and you may well be surprised by the amount of emotion. Go buy!
on 6 September 2012
As a longtime listener of Scott's show I was interested to read more about him. I really did read it all in a couple of hours on my kindle (which I was THRILLED to see still contains the autobiography pictures that I was wondering whether the kindle version would include.) I found that I had heard some of the stories on the radio show before, but this is not a bad thing it just shows that Scott really is himself on the radio. Love You Bye makes me genuinely want to be friends with Scott Mills, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who listens to the show or who is a fan of Scott.
on 19 September 2012
I'm a long time listener to Scott's show and think he's a great bloke.
But this autobiography is a huge let down. Firstly, once you take away the photos, it comes in at under 200 pages. In a relatively large font. I'd expect that in an autobiography of a One Direction member, not a man who's been around as long as Scott.

It feels rushed... key moments in his life like the loss of a loved on are glossed over in a few short pages, we never really get to know why he was such a profound person in Scott's life.
Likewise his coming out - he explains how he told his family, but there's no details on growing up gay at school, how his friends reacted etc. I know he doesn't want his sexuality to define him, but in an autobiography it deserves more than the space it received.

Equally his descent into alcohol abuse is also interesting, but then suddenly seems to end - it's as if he feels like he'll be boring us if if he dedicates more than two pages to any one subject.

Chapters on his documentary for BBC3 about the world's worst place to be gay are fascinating - it's clearly a subject he feels passionate about - it's a shame that he's not as passionate about telling us about the rest of his life.

If you don't really care about Scott and just want celebrity anecdotes, then this is for you. But often they are too brief. Chapters feel like links between songs - brief and to the point, with no flesh to their bones sp as not to bore the reader/ listener before the next song is played.

This book is for people with a low attention span who wants a quick read. But for those of us who wanted to know more about the man who has kept us entertained for more than a decade, you'll learn almost as much from this book as you would by listening to one of his shows.
33 Comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 January 2013
A surprisingly diverting if at times a little lightweight read. Scott tells us the story of his early life and the development of his career, although the tale of him rising with little effort to end up at Radio One is possibly only of real interest to the dedicated radio fan. He pulls no punches about the personal issues he's faced growing up, whether panic attacks or the drinking problem he acknowledges he suffered with in the last decade. For the mainstream Mills fans the second half of the book is the real treat, talking at length about the features on his show and in the most powerful bit of all, detailing his trip to Uganda to make his famous documentary on their homophobic policies.

I'm not a Scott Mills fan and have never really heard any of his shows, but I came away with respect for him as a broadcaster and an entertainer.
on 17 September 2012
I have always liked Scott Mills on the Radio and after much debate about whether there was anything I needed to know more about him I bought the book.

It was a book I couldnt put down. It is written in the style that many listeners to his Radio 1 show would be familiar with mixing serious issues with comical times and friends hes made as his career progressed. The book didnt dwell much on his childhood like some autobiographies do but this doesnt mean to say it shock sensationalist as its not. Its just a down to earth story about a guy who has a passion for radio get on the career ladder and progress and the fun and troubles he had along the way.

If your a fan of his Radio 1 show you wont be let down by the book at all
on 25 September 2012
Love You Bye is the autobiography of Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills. The book takes you on a journey of how he got started on radio and eventually landed his dream job at Radio 1 with a few panic attacks along the way. It's really funny and quite sad in places throughout the book. The delivery time was a little bit slow this time but it still showed up before its arrival date.

If you're a fan of Scott Mills and his show you will definitely love this book.
on 16 September 2012
As a long term listener to Scott's show naturally I was excited when I heard this was coming out. It didn't disappoint. Scott's personality showed really well through the witty and honest writing style. Although I enjoyed the celebrity based anecdotes (many of which I've already heard from his show) it would have been nice to have had a little more detail from his childhood. All in all, I would definatly recommend this to any listener of the show.
on 5 November 2012
Bought for my Kindle. I love this book, It's totally Scott and you can imagine him telling you the stories himself. There are laugh out loud parts and sad parts and parts when you want to be Scott's mate and tell him everything's going to be OK. I did find some of the book a bit of a rush, there could have been more depth and time taken over the explanation.
This is Scott Mills at his best, Love you bye.
on 7 September 2012
This is the best biography I've read in a while. As a person with a passion for radio it is amazing to read about someone's story and an insight into the industry. I've also been a fan of the show since before Chappers left and love reading about a person who i feel I know despite having never met them and they not knowing i exist. Havent been able to put it down. Deffo a must buy!
on 27 December 2012
Not read the book yet, only just ordered it, but, Amazon why such a difference in price between the Kindle and the printed versions? The Kindle should be the cheaper of the lot on account of it not needing to be printed, packaged and distributed!! So why is the Kindle version the most expensive!!!