Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 March 2017
This is the fourth or fifth (I loose count now) ofJenny Colgn's books I've read but this is by far my favourite to date.

A gorgeous story of the decisions people take in life, a reminder of how precious life is and the simplistic joys that w may take for granted.

This is an 'easy read' but that does not mean its not intricate in its way and joyous. You're taken on the journey of two women, that could be any one of us, through life's twists and turns.

A gorgeous tale of experiences and character growth with humour and emotion. This book made me smile and shed a tear (this is no mean feat for a book, or film, if I'm honest!).

I'm now off to learn French, eat chocolate (artisan chocolate of course, not the mass produced crap!), and book a weekend away in that most gorgeous city, Paris.
on 11 August 2014
I love Jenny's books for complete escapism and to just snuggle down and drift off into somewhere cosy. And this book didn't fail to disappoint! Having been to Paris many years ago myself, I thought that Jenny did a brilliant job of capturing the quintessential Parisian feel - the cobbled streets, the people, just the magical romance of the city. The only place I felt a bit let down was by the ending - I don't want to give anything away but I thought the ending felt very rushed. It was obvious where the book was heading but it all tied up in the last 2 pages almost as though a deadline needed to be reached. I would give this book 3 1/2 stars if I could and I look forward to my next Jenny Colgan read!
on 14 July 2015
Just the most wonderful book, and my first Jenny Colgan read! The descriptions of France are just stunning and you really feel you're right in the middle of the action as an onlooker. Lovely storyline, and a book I know I'll read again and again.
on 14 August 2015
Jenny strikes again! funny, lovley story of over comming difficulties and following dreams.
I would recomend to anyone who loves a good chicklet.
on 6 January 2016
Lovely
on 6 August 2017
Book as described. prompt delivery
on 30 March 2015
Lovely, evocative book.
on 11 March 2014
Loved this book very easy to read and get drawn into the story made you feel like you were in Paris as well.
on 21 April 2013
Great gift
on 30 July 2014
Inspired me to want to make chocolate! Brilliant.