Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 June 2012
You might think that you know the story of Roswell but Morrison skillfully weaves a fast paced action-adventure story that continues to surprise throughout the book. I love the international locations and having experienced the jetboats in New Zealand, it's great to see them used for a chase scene. Tyler Locke and his sidekick Grant rescue Faye, an older lady who was given an artefact by what she perceived as an alien all those years ago at Roswell. This leads them on a trail through Australia to Easter Island and then the Nazca ruins with a dramatic conclusion high above the earth. I enjoyed the research that had gone into the book as well as the fictional story that kept my attention. This is definitely my favorite of Boyd Morrison's books so far.
on 7 June 2012
A worthy addition to the Tyler Locke series - another fast paced, edge-of-your-seat adventure and an entirely new slant on a decades old mystery. The action moves along relentlessly, as Tyler and friends inadvertently get pulled into an international conspiracy and end up chasing their latest adversary around the world, from the US to Australia, Easter Island and Peru.
As always, the science is frighteningly realistic and leaves you wondering just where reality stops and the author's imagination takes over. Resourceful heroes, feisty heroines and a plot just complex enough to keep you thinking and wondering, without leaving you behind. A very enjoyable read.
on 6 July 2013
Phrases like 'page turner' and 'roller coaster read' are habitually used to the point of being meaningless. But Boyd Morrison is one of the few writers I have ever encountered who is fully deserving of such epithets. You race with the book as it jumps from one location to another, gradually revealing each twist and turn as it draws the disparate threads together for the climactic encounter in the final pages.

That in itself would be worthy of a bestseller, but he goes further. His mix of fact, myth and possibility rarely strains the bounds of credibility. He can make you believe because his interpretation of a combination of events which could have created the myth are quite feasible. And beyond that, in The Roswell Conspiracy, he also demonstrates just how the shell which surrounds present day civilization is built, and which is nothing like as substantial as the steel egg in which we fondly believe that nothing can really interfere with our daily existence. In actuality, we are living inside something as fragile as a soap bubble; a computer controlled, just in time machine where one prick could set back the Western world to the Victorian era.
VINE VOICEon 25 May 2013
Well, having read Tsunami Countdown, Noah's Ark Quest and Midas Code, I couldn't resist picking up Roswell Conspiracy as apart from having been entertained by the three mentioned novels by Boyd Morrison, I have always had a fascination on the matter of the Roswell Incident and as to whether our planetary home was indeed visited by aliens.
Our hero, Tyler Locke, once more takes us across the globe finding clues and evidence with relative ease and it is this, without too many meandering sub-plots that has the reader continually turning pages and although some of the facts within this story are pretty well known, it's the twist on the Roswell Incident itself that I didn't quite see coming - so well done Mr Morrison! Although I hasten to add that you could have extended it just a tad more - but really, I'm quibbling!
Certainly if you want an entertaining and easy read, you'll go a long way to better the story telling that you'll find within these pages.
Recommended for reading when you have a few hours to spare - rather than wasting it on most of the dross on TV and that's for sure!
on 11 July 2012
I have now read several of Mr Morrison's books and he hasn't yet failed to deliver the goods. What I like is that he does his research. I really enjoyed this book and was pleased to see Tyler/Grant both back in action again. I look forward to his next tome and definitely will be buying it as I know I am in for a thrilling read.
on 11 August 2012
Boyd Morrison's latest Tyler Locke novel is another energised page turner.

Suspend your disbelief as Tyler, Grant and some new additions zoom across the globe (and out of it!) in search of some answers to the Roswell mystery.

Great action, humour and an interesting take on what happened at Roswell all combine for a terrific thriller.

Boyd is up there with James Rollins, Scott Mariani, Matthew Reilly and Andy McDermott for pure fun, adventure and escapism.
on 9 February 2013
The Roswell Conspiracy immediately caught my attention with it's title. I love conspiracy theories and have read quite a lot on Roswell having spent my teens watching The X-Files.

Happily this didn't disappoint. It is a big-action blockbuster of a book, charging from action sequence to action sequence with explosions, shoot-outs and car chases galore.

The main character of Tyler Locke is the typical rich, good-looking, smart action hero you'd expect of such an adventure. His comic-relief sick-kick is similarly good-looking and smart apparently. Plus they both have military training making the plot points a bit more plausible.

But lets face it, this isn't a novel for believability or accuracy. The basic outline of the Roswell event, Easter Island and ancient Peru are taken and the plot is tagged along them taking what is needed for the plot and leaving what isn't. It's pure escapism in a book. You don't need to know anything or even really think to enjoy this novel.

The female characters are happily more than two dimensional and this did endear this story to me somewhat, there was a bit of depth and backstory behind the rollercoaster of action.

I would recommend this but only if you are looking for something light and enjoyable. I enjoyed it immensely and will definitely be reading more books by Boyd Morrison.
on 16 October 2014
Another great piece of thriller writing from Boyd Morrison, one of the few authors I've come across that can actually keep me coming back for more.
If you read this Boyd, I hope you can write faster than I can read, LOL
Thanks for another great read.
on 18 March 2014
This is the third story in a series featuring former Army combat engineer Tyler Locke. I have not as of this moment read this book but if it is on a par with the previous two it should and hopefully be a good and entertaining read. There is a further book in the series as well. Having looked up the cover notes it would appear to be based on events on and around the so called Roswell incident in New Mexico in the late 40's and then on into the present day. Boyd Morrison's books are on a par with, Matt Hilton, Lee Child, Clive Cussler, and Jack Du Brul. So if you have read anything by any of these authors I'm sure you will enjoy this book and the others that go with it in the series.
on 17 August 2014
If you like Clive Cussler then try Boyd Morrison. This is the third Tyler Locke thriller which takes you breathlessly around the world as you follow Tyler and his friends beat the bad guys. It's fun, and reading it is a great way to unwind after a stressful day at the office!