Customer reviews

The Sanctuary Sparrow: 7 (Cadfael Chronicles)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 November 2015
This is a gentle, domestic story; A young man who had been entertaining wedding guests is accused of murder when a fracas breaks out, but there is none of the rough activities of powerful men who are jealous of their properties. One of the attractions of the book is the manner of the writing. There can be a picture of rural tranquility in the valleys around Shrewsbury or of young lovers who want to have time together. The story carries its own tensions and the unfolding of the truth about the murder gradually emerges. Brother Cadfael is a constant presence giving wisdom and providing his medicinal concoctions. An enjoyable read..
on 23 December 2016
This loses stars because, unlike the others I've purchased in this series, the proof-reading of this one lets it down. For some reason, in hyphenated words, the linking hyphen is replaced by a comma. This is extremely disconcerting and really should be corrected by the publisher.
on 25 January 2017
The story is excellent and Derek Jacobi's narration is easy to listen to. I have one bugbear and that is about the fact the cd audio book manufacturer (and others) stores the CDs in a plastic jewel case which is flimsy and keeps falling apart and can easily break.
on 30 April 2017
I really enjoy the Cadfael series,Ellis peters writing is a joy to be savoured .Having discovered this series,I think these books are to be read and re-read.
on 27 March 2016
A relaxing holiday read in a comfortable environment. I loved the locality and history. It is set in an area I have recently discovered and does it justice. The Medieval time zone brought that period of history alive and understandable. I look forward to reading more of the "Cadfael" books
on 5 February 2016
Cadfael books are always good and I m working my way through them all. As for the actual delivery - I'm using ebook a- with amazon the process is simplicity itself.
on 17 July 2016
Good story. You know with the Cadfael books that there will be a murder and a false accusation.
on 28 July 2017
My journey through the Cadael collection continues and this addition does not disappoint.
on 27 April 2017
One of those books you want to read over and over again. I read it when it first came out and had it in paper back until I downsized some years ago. Glad to have it on Kindle so I can dip in occasionally.
on 19 December 2014
I bought the set, though this will be standard wording - great plots, great character, great knowledge of the history and mediaeval mind-set, can't go wrong.