The Wedding
Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 May 2017
Another great book by a great author! Excellent twist at the end you don't see coming! 100% recommend if you like Nicholas sparks or any of his films!
on 11 December 2017
Great follow up to The Notebook. Love Nicholas Sparks novels. They make great films!!
on 19 August 2015
Great read couldn't put it down, my only complaint is it's too short.
on 7 July 2004
This is book you just won't be able to put down, if you're planning on taking on holiday you'd better pack a few more because you'll finish it on the plane!! You'll go through every emotion you have, and a few more besides. As a late comer to Nicholas Sparks books this is probably the one I've enjoyed the most and just wish the poor guy could write faster!
on 2 February 2009
I read 'The Notebook' by Nicholas Sparks and absolutely loved it, so naturally I couldn't wait to get hold of the sequel. I was aware before reading the book that it had a slow start, but I've read to Chapter 8 and have decided to give up. I think the main problem is the content; the story revolves around a relationship/marriage and an up-coming wedding and that is all that we've read about in 7 whole chapters. I can think of one significant moment of real 'action'. I think that's fine if you can relate to the content, but I can't so I think it was a mistake for me to attempt this book, despite me enjoying 'The Notebook' so much.

The story develops incredibly slowly, quite often I came across patches which were so dull I thought Sparks' may as well have left them out and was surprised they made it into the book at all.

I think this book is aimed at those who have the experience of marriage/being a parent and who enjoy gentle, descriptive stories and aren't fussed about fast-paced, action packed novels. The main character is very well developed, you almost get to read his every thought and I do think characteristation is one of Sparks' strong points. Sparks' writing and use of language is also lovely, and flows beautifully.

I'm disappointed I didn't enjoy this book, but I can see why people do.
on 1 June 2004
I couldn't put it down. I guessed what Wilson's plan was part way through, but to read such a book from the male perspective was so very different and so very touching. I had tears in my eyes at least twice. I cannot recommend this enough.
on 18 April 2006
I have read many of Nicolas Sparks' books, and as a rule, have enjoyed nearly all of them, but to me, the wedding is the very best so far. It is truely romantic, beautifully written, and the sort of book you want to read over and over. Buy it, read it, remember it, recommend it. That's my advice.
on 16 August 2001
Discovered this book by accident but I have to say I do not regret. I knew nothing of the Harlem Renaissance, very little if nothing about the social history of African-Americans and reading this book I discovered a different world. The style is superb, you feel like you know the characters, the era is well depicted and the story entertaining. For me this book could be called a classic as it has everything required to fulfill the role. Read it.
on 23 June 2007
Wilson Lewis comes to the sad realization one day that after thirty years of marriage his wife, Jane, has fallen out of love with him. Jane's father, Noah, (this book is the sequel to THE NOTEBOOK) has always had respect for Wilson and Noah tells him stories of how he kept Allie from falling out of love with him.

Wilson is an estate lawyer and has spent very little time at home over the years. He realizes that Jane fell out of love with him when he forgot their twenty-ninth wedding anniversary.

Jane was a stay-at-home mom and raised their three kids -- Anna, Joseph, and Leslie.

Anna comes home one day to announce that she is getting married. Because of Noah's health and since her fiancé is heading to college, they want to get married the next Saturday. Anna claims that she wants a small wedding at the courthouse, but her mom, of course, wants a big wedding, even though they only have eight days to put it together.

Saturday is Wilson and Jane's anniversary and Wilson wanted to do something really special this year so he took the week before and the week after their anniversary off from work. He hasn't taken that much time off in eight years!

With all the work to do with the wedding, Wilson has been making Jane dinner more often and trying to help out as much as he can. What will Wilson do to make his wife fall back in love with him, so that she doesn't leave him?

Coming from Nicholas Sparks, this book had a very high bar set for it. And this romantic love story went far beyond that! THE WEDDING is yet another wonderful romance from this amazing author!

Reviewed by: Taylor Rector
on 31 July 2007
this is the sequel to the the notebook and is even more of a tearjerker. Thw story is about wilson - son in law to noah. i did kind of figure out the ending to the book but i still really enjoyed it. The journey of the characters in the book towards the final event in the book is much more interesting and the point of the whole book. noah features in this book and he is dealing with the loss of allie, he is an example of how love still goes on even after the person is gone.

another book that brings tears on every page. keep a big box of tissues handy!!!