Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 2 August 2003
Nicholas Sparks has a wonderful talent that I only wish I could have discovered much earlier. I would not call myself an avid romance novel reader, and do find a lot of titles to be unrewarding. However, if all romance novels were written by Nicholas Sparks I would most definately have the entire collection!!! I have now read most of his books and can say that this one is one of my favourites. Some people have said that his storylines are too predictable, and I would in all honesty, have to agree to a certain extent. Having said that though, although you can probably guess what is going to happen, you can never guess exactly how they are going to come about. I recommend this title to anyone who likes romance novels and especially those who have read Nicholas Sparks before.
on 16 May 2016
I picked this up from my to read pile of books to take away with and am so glad I did. Standard Sparks - a story with people at the heart of it.

I enjoyed the honesty of how the mum struggles with her son. I enjoyed watching her make friends and trusting people.
on 26 December 2014
This book had me hooked from the beginning. When Kyle goes missing I wasn't sure how it would go, would they find him? Would the book be based on a child hunt? I love how the book isn't predictable.

You made need tissues, I did shed a little tear and at the end, well it was more then a little tear.

This is honestly my favourite Nicholas Sparks story, before it was the longest ride but this story is heart warming and perfect in every way. Towards the end I couldn't put it down.

Fingers crossed this turns into a film.
on 29 January 2002
Well put it this way I couldn't put the book down! I am such a softy and it really got to me. I would read it again!
on 2 April 2014
I have read so many of Sparks books now I can't count this is one of my favourites. Both lead characters are very real and I could really relate to Denise having a special needs child myself. The story is heartbreaking but very real....I loved it.
on 26 July 2013
I couldn't put this book down. Not at all my usual type of book to read. I usually stick to crime fiction. I decided to try this after watching a couple of films based on Nicholas Sparks books. Nicely romantic but not too sloppy, some tension & you feel good at the end. I will be reading more of his books.
on 21 April 2014
Another special by this great writer another masterpiece a thoroughly enjoyable read I amazed how this writer does it how he understands the intimate union between man and woman so well you won't be disappointed by this
on 12 January 2010
I read this book after I read 'The Last Song', and I was wasn't disappointed! I started reading the book and then I couldn't put it down. I read it in a day and a half and loved every minute of it.

This is the first ever book that I have cried at, and to be honest it was well worth my tears! This book is amazing.

The book is so adorable in terms of Taylor's and Denise's romance, and the relationship with her son. I felt myself going arh, that is so cute plenty of times. There are some really adorable parts in the book, like when the little boy (Kyle) gave Taylor his earoplane to hold, and Taylor told him it would bring him luck and it did :)

I would recommend this book to anyone, another truly sensational book from a truly sensational author!!!
on 31 March 2007
After reading my first Nicholas Sparks novel about three weeks ago I became addicted to his writing. The Rescue was the third book I have read since and true to his roots he has produced an amazing piece of romantic literature.

The story touches on so many aspects of humanity and love it has you turning the pages lost in the story absorbing every emotion, word, action the characters go through. The Rescue is like a modern fairy tale.

Towards the end I felt as if I had been on this amazing journey of emotional power with the characters. Highly recommend it, and hope you will as well.
on 12 May 2011
I usually rate Sparks, and have read many of his books. This however, was a complete let down. It was predictable and corny-like an old mills and boon story! The cover description sounded really promising-and it was this that led me to buy it. Some people will probably like the storyline, but for me, i look for something a lot more grittier and emotional in a story- and i didnt find it in this one. It just didnt grip me like his other work has done. It was a struggle to read, but I persevered hoping for some of the sparks magic. Alas, it did not come for me. Dont read if this is the first you try by this author. He's written many more-so dont opt for this one!