on 18 October 2012
Yet another great read from Peter Mayle, which, along with Sean Frain's A Lake District Journey and the best-selling Driving Over Lemons, will be counted as one of my favourite books. Wonderfully evocative of sunny France and the great food on offer there. A must read for travel enthusiasts, those who enjoy good food and wine, or who just enjoy escaping with a good book.
on 18 April 2012
My first Kindle purchase, have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. Peter Mayle certainly makes you feel as though you are sitting at the table with him. Having travelled to many parts of France over the years this feels like revisiting all over again. Wonderful.
on 29 August 2011
I like food. I like France. So does Peter Mayle. I liked this book. I am hooked on books about France and about eating. This is why I choose my guidebooks wisely. For very light bedside reading. This is an easy addition to my collection.
on 4 October 2014
This book was given to me and came highly recommended. I have bought several as I keep passing it on to friends. Not only is this a very very funny read it also helps to understand France and the French!
on 2 May 2012
Another excellent (although slightly dated now)espistle from the pen of Peter Mayle. The antics of the French in relation to the care of their stomachs are detailed with a sharp but kind eye.
on 30 December 2012
I much enjoyed this book probably because I like France, food and Peter Mayle's style of writing. A pleasant easy read.
on 31 August 2015
always love reading peter mayles stories, they never disappoint
on 4 August 2014
a lovely book - makes one want to explore in the sunshine
on 24 November 2016
Peter Mayle - the man who started a stampede. Excellent.
on 2 October 2014
found out i had already read the book