Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 January 2003
A very touching story of family loyalties, struggles and successes in a small east end alley.
The story becomes more intense as the children of the alley grow up and the reader can follow their tribulations as they find love, success and are more often than not disappointed.
Kennedy is a natural writer and the characters are very real. Mary, the gentle one and mother figure to all; Lil, the drunk; Colleen; full of ideas and craving fame and Arthur, kind and considerate.
This is a must read for everyone who enjoys family sagas.
I read it for the first time five years ago and have been hooked on it ever since.
on 26 February 2001
Autmn Ally was the first book I've read in ages that I couldn't put down until I'd read it from cover to cover. The characters in it have their good times and also along with them come their tradedies, which if you or your family come from london you will be able to relate to, in some way. I found this book gripping and I hope everyone that decides to read it thinks the same.
on 16 November 2014
Love this book read it when it came out and wanted to read it again.