on 18 November 2012
I loved this series of three books when I first read them some years ago. They are all about life, the choices we make and how those choices define who we are. The characters are real and captivating. I can't wait for the Kindle edition to become available as although I enjoyed pillars of the earth it is no substitute.
on 18 December 2014
I read this book many years ago and can still remember the first paragraph which is so descriptive that I can clearly see the 'angel' in my minds eye nearly 20 years later. This book lives with you and everyone should read it. Can't recommend it highly enough.
on 30 July 2016
The slightly archaic writing made the first 3 pages hard to read but it is actually wonderfully written. The style gives the tale authenticity and the story will transport you back to medieval times. A solid recommend for lovers of historical fiction.
on 8 February 2017
Bought as a gift, as I have already read this series and have read and re read so many times. If you like History and a really good storyline
you won't want to miss this.
on 25 December 2014
This was described as condition 'Very Good;'. It was in fact in very poor condition
on 25 September 2015
Beautifully written and a wonderful story which starts off the talvace trilogy.
on 21 October 2015
What can i say another great historical book.
on 25 June 2003
I found this book started slowly but definatley improved as it went on. This book makes Llewelyn of wales a very likable person and as history has always shown the English greedy and trecherous. with Harry talvace`s church that he designed and built for Ralf Isambard standing proud his son young Harry goes in search of revenge for his fathers death. but end up reluctant friend to Isambard and tries to save his life.
on 20 August 2016