on 3 December 2001
I bought this book when I was 5 weeks pregnant and now at 25 weeks, still refer to it at least once a week, if not more often.
It offers no-nonsense advice and information on the many subjects that are connected to pregnancy and birth.
I especially like the 'Baby's progress' section that gives an insight into the what is happening inside the womb. Baby's development, weight, organs, weight etc. It makes for very interesting reading.
There is also a section on the first few weeks after baby is born which I'm sure will also be very useful to me when the time comes!
All in all a great book to have to hand.
on 27 July 2004
I LOVE this book, and referred to it during both my pregnancies.
It is so informative and i love the way it takes you through each stage of pregnancy, explaining how baby & mother are developing and including pictures.
It also includes sex during pregnancy, post natal excersices, healthy eating, problems during pregnancy and so on...
I highly recommend this book, i don't even think i will give mine away incase i have another baby.
on 14 January 2003
I found this book very informative, clear and precise.
I bought this book soon after finding out I was pregnant and both my husband and I referred to it often throught my pregnancy and for the first few weeks after our baby was born.
It contains various sections such as diet, special circumstances etc, with commonly asked Q's and A's on each. There are also four weekly pages detailing how baby is growing, measurements, developments, photos and drawings which I found helped me to bond with my baby as I could appreciate and understand what was going on inside me!
Recommended!
on 8 March 2005
I was given this book by a friend when I was about 8 weeks pregnant. I was also given other books but I found this one by far the best. It explains everything in a very simple way and the diagrams and pictures are very helpful. I especially liked the frequently asked questions in each section as I found that most of them were questions I had in my head but sometimes felt silly asking my midwife.
***HIGHLY RECOMMENDED***
on 13 August 2007
This was the first of many books i purchased while pregnant. It is a good all round book - everything was covered,and the illustrations and pictures were very good.

Only drawback is that i needed to get other books to look at some topics in more depth.
on 25 June 2010
I purchased this book for my daughter as it is her first baby.she had a lot of questions so i seen this book. it only cost a few pounds. and it was brand new when it came . she loves it. It has a lot of useful information would recomend any one to buy this book
on 28 August 2013
I have this book already, used to read to while i was pregnant. Now my first cousin is pregnant with her first child, so I just had to buy it for her. A very helpful book during pregnancy.
on 30 March 2009
Helping o every stage to explain what is hapening to my body and inside it and to the developing baby and what to expect from doctor's visits and everything really.
on 4 May 2013
I bought this book second hand and it was the best money I have ever spent. I would recommend this book to anyone expecting a baby.
on 31 August 2010
This really is extremely basic, if you know more than this then do not bother with it!