on 29 June 2003
I cannot emphasise enough how useful this book has been for me - I've hardly put it down since my 6-month-old started solids. Annabel Karmel has great tips for cooking in bulk, freezing then reheating safely. My baby has so far savoured everything I've made from this book. It's also great knowing exactly what goes into the food she eats. My only regret is not buying it sooner when my 2-year-old started solids. He hated jarred and powdered food, and even now is a very fussy eater with limited tastes.
I'd also recommend it for adults on wheat-free diets as a lot of the recipes up to 9 months are made from the minimum of ingredients, and virtually no wheat in them.
on 11 April 2002
I have found this book very useful. I had been feeding my baby the usual meals: carrot, potato, apple and pear purees and was looking for some new inspirational ideas. In my experience I had found my off the cuff combinations of vegetables and meat were refused by my son. However, every recipe my baby has tried from this book has been well received, including the savoury dishes.
Her ideas for mixing sweet and savoury flavours are very clever and the 7-day meal planner is indispensable. The recipes are quick and easy and there are even no cook meals for when you are in a hurry. This book is well worth having and I am glad I bought it.
on 16 December 2010
I bought this book because I was struggling to think of well balanced meals to feed my 15 month old son,and he has become adverse to the transition from puree to lumps which has caused me endless worry, however, everything that I have cooked him from this book has been eaten without a single problem he loves all the recipes so far. It has become a 'bible' in my kitchen, the recipes are easy, fairly quick, nutritious and best of all most are freezable so you can cook up several batches at a time, so in the long run you save time. There are even recipes that you can cook from frozen so if you forget to get something out the freezer..no problem!I have tried several recipes so far and some have become his favourites. Personally I can't recommend it enough,and my son has become a lot less fussy.Buy it!
on 28 July 2017
Brilliant book full of fantastic recipe ideas.
on 14 December 2016
What a very useful book this is. great tips for parents, especially new ones.
on 6 October 1999
After buying the Baby and Todler Meal Planner through amazon I sent for this book. Again it was packed full of great ideas, help and advice thanks to these books I have a baby that will eat just about anything but manufactured baby food and when your a first time mum with everyone watching everything you do its great to know that you can produce all this wonderful food quickly and easily, if not a little smugly!
on 28 May 2002
I was nervous of trying to cook my baby's food myself - jars seemed so much easier. I bought this book, and have found the recipes so easy - I haven't had to buy exotic ingredients. I'm saving a fortune by cooking the food myself. Annabel's recipes are simple and tasty - she even has tips on how to adapt the food to suit adults.
on 24 April 2001
My 13 month-old was weaned on this book at 5 months and will now eat almost anything, although since she still had no teeth, some finger food is out. I love this book. The recipes are easy, fun to cook and my daughter loves them ALL! What more can I say? Apart from buy it!
on 31 March 2004
This book is wonderful, such an inspiration to feed your baby/toddler fun, healthy meals. I love Dorling Kindersley books as they are so beautifully presented, loads and loads of colour pictures making the food look delicious, everything about it just makes you want to get in the kitchen and cook for your children! All the recipes are easy, and the toddler section must surely guarantee you never have a fussy eater. It has made me look forward to feeding my family for years to come and I know this book will be used every day.
on 20 January 2014
I own many of Annabel Karmel's books, and this finally has some new ideas (I find some repetition between the others), the paella and egg fried rice are firm family favourites. I can't say I use it every day, but definitely good for when I'm stuck for ideas!
Easy to follow recipes and explains everything well. Practical as it goes through the different age groups and gives breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack ideas age appropriately and in a fun way, making it appealing for kids.