Format: Hardcover|Change

on 18 June 2010
A great overview of the development and history if this iconic aricraft. I'd recommend it as a good starting point if you are interested in this plane.
on 28 February 2015
A beautifully written and informative book without being over long or mind numbingly technical. It also contains some truly wonderful pictures of this iconic and certainly legendary aircraft. The only thing missing is the unmistakable sound of that Merlin engine. It is quiet scary to even begin to consider what might have happened if both it and 'The Few' had not come to our rescue in what were torrid times. Sometimes in history things just have a habit of being in the right place at the right time - kismet maybe? It is however viewed as a tragedy that Mitchell could not witness his part in history, but this is often the case. Mind you it is also felt important not to forget the role that the Hurricane also played, especially in the battle of Britain as often it seems to be over-shadowed. This is without doubt one of the better presents that I have received. Finally, I just hope that those luckily enough to own one treat it with the reverence it truly deserves.
on 17 February 2014
This book about the Spitfire is another one I bought for my dad as a Christmas present. He really enjoyed reading this book about the Spitfire as it has always been one of his favourite fighter planes to read about. Before I got this book, my dad had difficulty finding books about the Spitfire as there weren't really any about them at all, or there weren't any that were detailed enough (I can't remember for certain what he told me about that). Like with the other books I bought here, my dad was really pleased with this one and it is one that I would very highly recommend even though I haven't read the book myself.
on 15 November 2012
This book is not that big it's about as long as a ruler and about half as tall,it has 114 pages which have lots of information and wonderfully detailed picture's of the Spitfire. This book would be very good for people who love machine's,plane's or are interested in history. I think this would be a good addition to any library,whether the owner is young or old. I have not got any reaction from the intended recipient as it is a gift for a friend for xmas,but i hope he will like it as i do.
on 3 January 2014
Bought this as a present for a Spitfire fanatic. He as delighted with it and said he even learned things he didn't know before.
on 18 November 2013
This is a present for someone close who adores this aircraft and all it stands for, he's going to be over the moon with this
on 5 March 2014
Very fast service - and husband was thrilled with his stocking filler - and he said the book was pretty good the one his Stocking Filler ordered :-) Would order from you again!
on 1 February 2014
Bought this for my father as he is a big spitfire fan. I am sure he will have a lots of pleasure from reading and looking through this book
on 12 May 2015
Another fine entry in this series. Everything you need to get you started on Spitfires. Photos are mostly modern which improves quality but at the expense of a sense of place.
on 31 October 2015
Bought this to accompany a DVD collection. My husband loved the book. Said it was full of interesting facts. Quite compact and an interesting read.