on 2 May 2011
The content was not quite what I hoped for but that is hardly the authors, or the sellers fault. The book was in good condition, delivered on time.
Can't complain, so I won't
on 10 December 2002
This is one of the BEST engineering books I've ever bought. It describes in clear and simple terms, electromagnetic phenomena and the implications on RF/wireless and high-speed electronics. It contains all the practical information that experienced designers know but is somehow not present in textbooks. It has certainly put all the bits and pieces of information that I've gathered in the course of my PhD into context. It throws out all complicated math (but essential equations are included) but manages to get the same message across. Very highly recommended for RF/high-speed designers and a great reference on electromagnetics.
on 26 October 2007
I totally agree with the previous review, this is one of the finest engineering books in my library, and great value for money.

As an Electronics Engineer who has been working with sub 100MHz digital systems for some years I found that I had forgotten the physics behind what I do. Circuit theory and a few EMC "rules of thumb" had been getting me by just fine.

Now that I work with GHz digital and RF analogue I need to understand what is REALLY going on. This book has filled that gap and refreshed my knowledge extremely well. If you've come into electronics from any route other than a physics degree you simply must have this book.
on 15 January 2011
Often engineering books can be a little blinkered, this is not necessarily a bad thing but from time to time principles cross paths and it would be nice to step back and take a wider view. This book is very good in that it not only looks directly at the issues at hand but also looks at some of the fundamental principles behind the topic. You might not think that understanding the Coriolis force to be relevant to electromagnetism, but read on suddenly a bigger picture develops before your eyes.

The book explores the macrocosm and it relevance to the main topic and is all the more interesting and useful for it. I recommend this to any student of electrodynamics as a very useful reference.