Customer reviews

I Feel Sad (Your Emotions)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 June 2017
Out of date now, would be great to see an updated version reflecting current research and the EYFS.
on 15 October 2017
ty
on 30 December 2014
I've used this numerous times to help with various foster children, it's a really good tool
on 7 April 2012
This book "I Feel Sad" is wonderfully illustrated and easy for children to understand and relate to. I used this as a tool for discussion with my 5-6 year olds in my class. The pages on the left-hand-side explains what sadness feels like for the boy in the story and also the reasons why he is sad. The right-hand-side pages moves the story onwards and states positives as to what he will do about his sadness, such as there's a page where he is sad because his friend has moved away, the next page says positively that they can still write to each other. This is a useful tool to illustrate that sadness can be worked through positively and can (and did in my class) be useful as a tool to begin discussions as to when children feel sad. It can (and did) also make them ways to solve their sadness and to really think about who they can talk to when they are upset. Although it tackles a serious subject the book is a great tool to use for discussions to get, what is a difficult emotion, down to the level of the child or in my case, children. I would recommend this book just so that even if at that particular moment your children aren't feeling sad, they are aware of this emotion and know ways of handling it alongside a parent or teacher. It can also just allow the children to open up freely into conversation about what is or has been in the past bothering them so that it isn't all bottled up forever.
on 15 March 2009
We have 2 in this series - I Feel Sad and I Feel Angry. Both are excellent. The text is very simple, the pictures are very sweet and expressive. Very good books to talk about feelings with little ones. I found that reading them and mentioning times when I felt those emotions allowed my child to start talking about his own emotions comfortably.

Highly recommended.
on 12 March 2010
i have used this as a small group that have trouble showing emotions and some of the group have shown a little input to the story .it gives them ideas of why they are like this . the book is not too long or short but it kept the group focused and wanting more.
on 17 July 2013
I don't like this book, it is very unsubtle and talks about sad things that are just not applicable to my son. Wish I'd seen it properly before I'd bought it. There are far better books for dealing with emotions.
on 2 November 2013
Perhaps ok for very young children but it minimises the pain of sadness somewhat which could leave a child feeling unheard
on 26 October 2013
My 3 year old son has had a few problems trying to sort out different emotions and to identify others emotions and how to adapt his behaviour to be more socially acceptable. This book has been a great help
on 7 May 2013
Not a book that my kids would be mad to go back to. We read it once or twice.. but the pictures are not tat good and don't call the attention that much.