on 10 September 2015
This is without doubt my favourite sci fi series bar none. Ms Kenyon is at the top of her game with an imagination and talent that few can emulate. Whilst this series is futuristic we are never bombarded with lots of technical details but just enough to enrich the world she has created Amazing world building and a storyline of good versus evil that never grows old. Add in her trademark alpha males with romance in spades and yes I'm a very happy reader.
This time it's Hauk the colossal Andarian warrior who steps into the spotlight. He has a truly awful backstory and unfortunately it's a past that still impinges on his present. He agrees to take his nephew on a quest but has no idea that his greatest enemies are closing in on him. When a mysterious injured female is discovered he realizes that she is an assassin but Sumi doesn't seem to want his life no her mission is far more nefarious than that!
I really enjoyed this story and boy is it a long one. Both Hauk and Sumi have survived things that would break others but they have come through strong and driven. Sumi is seeking her missing child whilst Hauk just wants to fulfil his duties.I loved honourable Hauk and although he has suffered so much he has so much to give. My heart ached for him but thankfully didn't break as sometimes this author pushes a little too far into darkness with her tortured heroes. A lot of Hauks suffering is caused by his own mother and I wasn't happy with how that played out in this book if honest but there is a joyous ending and most things got neatly tied up. The war between the League and the Sentella continues with obviously more to come but for this reader it's Neros story that I really want.
Four and a half from me
on 15 May 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. For me this is the best one so far. It flowed easily if a little repetitive but not so it's boring. All the previous characters are in this and some new. The love interest between Sumi and Dancer was sweet and I loved the banter between the "family" members. It eased the angst and tortured souls. The conversations between the characters was smooth and I didn't find the story too predictable. I am about to read the next one and can't wait. I highly recommended this book, it has a little of something for everyone!
on 9 August 2014
Love for Sherry K!
The league series has been one great book followed by another and this is no different.
It follows the story of Hauk, who (if you have read the other books in the series) you have been dying to get to know better. We learn a lot more about Andarian culture and about Hauk's and his brother Fain's life in particular.
Sherry is doing a great job at keeping us on our toes about the battle that's brooding between the Sentella and the League. This book is set when Adron (Nyks eldest son) is around 6/8 and Kyr is still in charge of the League. We know a battle is immanent,but what we don't know is who's going to lead this battle.
This story see's betrayal, old bonds reforming, and the passion Sherry K's books are famous for. Thrown in with the mischievious and heart-warming plot that just screams Hauk and his beautiful Sumi!
on 26 July 2014
This books is about dancer hauk, I was unsure that I wanted to read this as I haven't found his character In the past very interesting. I couldn't be more wrong, in this book he has great character development. I think that this is possibly my favourite in the league series of books. It was really nice reading about the older well known league character and how their families had developed.
A must read!!
on 2 July 2014
Omg I just love the league series and can't believe it's only taken me just over a day to finish this book! If you love the league series to then you must must get this book and continue you reading and I hope there are more coming soon
on 2 July 2014
one of the best league books so far can't wait for more
bring on the rest
lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve it
must read again
on 8 July 2014
If you loved the league series and feel weary about whether Sherrilyn Kenyon can pull off another great story about the same or the next assassin in the group well don't fear this as I did. I bought it ahead and put off reading it for a week before I gave in. And I am glad I did, their is a progression from each book. And I seriously cannot wait to the next. Kenyon has the great ability of giving small insights into each character and then developing each and everyone in books is remarkable I love it!!!!
on 11 August 2014
i have this series all in book form but i enjoyed it that much i had to leave a kindle review.it took me two full days to finish this story could not put it down. I'm glad that all the first team are getting their own stories i loved them as secondary characters in the first two books but enjoyed getting to know them personally and their backgrounds.can't wait for more...
on 8 August 2015
Dancer hauk has received nothing but pain from his blood family but longs for his nephew to accept him so when he has to take darice on his endurance trip to become an adult he takes it on. During their bonding trip he finds a woman unconscious and injured so he takes her to their camp to help her and also to find out who she is and why she is out here alone, dancer doesn't trust her but he can't leave her to die so they travel together. Soon she is helping him defeat bounty hunters who have come to kill him for a reward, sumi has something to hide and dancer would kill her if he found out, she finds herself highly attracted to him but dancer is pledged to another and to even kiss someone else would be a death sentence for him.

What follows is a non stop emotional roller coaster of a ride that has non stop action and romance, I was on the edge of my seat reading it and at times I cried for dancer and sumi, they suited each other very well and we're great characters to read about, it was Darice's endurance test they were all on and i enjoyed reading about him growing from a spoiled selfish child to a strong adult, it was also good to read about all the previous past characters from this series and how they all have become one big giant family.

This book has to be one of the best in the series or at least up there with the first two books which I absolutely loved, I couldn't stop reading this with all the twists and turns the author put in and i wanted it to go on and on.
on 20 July 2014
This well matches the other books in the series. Sherrilyn Kenyon, is a great author, whichever series she is writing. I read most of her series and would recommend her books to anyone who likes science fantasy.