Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Alice Cooper Learn more Fitbit

on 16 June 2017
I feel so much more in control of my life due to cultivating awareness through mindfulness. I will continue to use the exercises and advice in this book. One thing I always worried about was when my next bout of depression would come and my inability to cope. Since reading this book and following the course. I've been able to stop myself from slipping into that way of thinking, through awareness and compassion. I highly recommend it if you suffer from depression, stress and/or anxiety.
on 13 December 2016
Without meaning to be too dramatic, this book changed my life!
on 15 June 2017
I bought this for someone else but have been told it is most helpful for anxiety etc.
on 3 April 2014
This book is based on Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy, that per se makes no difference! One could use the Kabat-Zinn CD with the same results. At the end of the day this is Buddhist meditation minus the religious implications. Where the book succeed is in organizing the approach to meditation in an 8 weeks program. For most people, having a program to follow is much more motivating and easier than self-taught meditation. I have to agree as I approached meditation several years ago and always struggled, I am now at my 4th week and find it much easier to stick to practice sessions. The CD-guided meditations are a great tool initially but I find them distracting and try to dispense with them after the third or fourth session. In addition to the book and CD, I would also suggest going to meditation group meetings. I find it a lot easier to meditate in a group than alone. As in results, I cannot really comment. I think meditation is a very personal experience. For now I can only say that I am kind of addicted and can't wait for my next session. Recommended!
on 2 October 2013
after having anxiety and previously being a natural meditator with mantra, I found I couldn't do any meditation due to the agitation of my mind. I had acute anxiety with pure O intrustive thoughts, panic attacks, chronic fatigue and GAD. This book has been my lifeline. I am currently on week 5 of the set program and although its taken me 10 weeks to do 5, it is just amazing. its so reassuring and an emphasis on little which is just fabulous for the very agitated mind. so I'm still working on it, but it the best thing yet and to have the cd in it is just fantastic. have fun x
33 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 July 2015
I was recommended this book by my GP for anxiety and panic attacks. I can honestly say before I've even completed the 8 weeks that it's already changing my life. I was a bit dubious but everyone has noticed the change and I can only compare it to taking a happy, chilled drug!! Do give it a chance.
on 21 May 2017
I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to de-stress. It is easy to follow with daily meditations on a CD that comes with the book.
on 28 June 2017
Great book
on 18 July 2017
Only part way through this book but I feel the Authors have been inside my head. They touch on so many of the problems I thought only related to me. One I have completed the book and meditation I will give another review
on 23 July 2017
Only half way through reading it but i like it so far, and i think it,s going to be very helpfull, so happy with it so far