on 30 October 2015
This book has helped me enormously. I have long believed that illness is caused to a large extent by an improper diet and that the best way to cure it is to restore the natural chemical balance of the body by eating the right foods. This book is directly relevant in this regard and has helped me get on the right track. Naturally there has been some resistance from medical professionals but even some of these have confessed, off the record, that they are in agreement with its basic concepts. For anyone interested in seeking alternative ways to curing illness this book is a great place to start.
5 people found this helpful
on 3 September 2016
An interesting read that raises real questions about the over-reliance on drugs and the dangers they involve
5 people found this helpful
on 1 April 2017
I am a big fan of Patrick Holford - just recovering from a cold and I have used his advice and not taken any medicine at all. The cold is going much faster and I feel far better than I usually do with a heavy cold.
One person found this helpful
on 8 May 2016
I usually find Patrick Holford books full of common sense and useful information, and this one is no exception! Should be read by anybody who cares about their health. Fairly large solid tome, but worth reading slowly a chapter at a time to take on board the information contained.
One person found this helpful
on 11 September 2014
A must read for anyone looking to improve health through diet rather than supressing symptoms. Becoming symptom free through the use of drugs does not mean cured. This book offers a natural approach to healing the body by supporting the body's ability to heal itself by providing the correct nutrition.
4 people found this helpful
on 17 April 2017
What a great book. I have only read a few paragraphs here and there so far, but this a very informative, excellent reference book and an invaluable addition to my 'natural health' information.
on 26 May 2013
I bought this book years ago and have decided to write this review because in practice, Patrick Holford is well ahead of the game in life.

It took me quite some time to conceive of his belief's, yet once implemented, they not only make perfect sense, they actually work.

I have quite a large book collection, and this book sits on my prime shelf - ready for daily use which I do use....

I hope it is as good for you as it was for me....
2 people found this helpful
on 15 September 2014
A real eye opener, very detailed but in a way that's easy to understand. Get this book if you are into healthy living. It will become your vitamin bible - it covers everything you will need to know for optimal health.
3 people found this helpful
on 8 June 2017
Great book full of information to help you heal yourself. I just wish I had purchased this years ago.
on 15 July 2015
i think the first few chapters are there to scare the reader, but having not reached the half yet, I think the message is still going to be the same... keep away from scary drugs that kill more than heal...