on 18 September 2006
I sit somewhere between the other two reviews:

I bought this on the stength of the first (glowing) review prior to the second review being posted and I tend to agree with a lot of the points made by the second reviewer.

In addition, the book is clearly a US publication and while a bit more has gone into it other than Find & Replace 'US' with 'UK', I do not agree with some of its content. Okay, I might be the guy with the lousy CV, that's why I bought it in the first place, but I do not intend to follow it like a recipe. I bought a second book at the same time; not yet read it but hope it is better.
on 24 August 2006
This book did not contain any useful information and alot of the chapters served as superfluous padding such as the sections 'Your Extraordinary Future' and 'Your CV Workout'.

Overall I found this book very generic and the model CVs used to be so far removed from my situation. In their own right I would say that they were average (or sadly even below CVs).

This book may be useful to someone who has to produce a CV for the first time or who hasn't made one for a long time.

I purchased this book to produce CVs for recruitment agencies in The City for employment in the Financial Markets. I'm afraid to say that I completely disagree with the other reviewers viewpoint. I found this book to be little use at all...
on 16 December 2013
The cover appears to be a bit cliche, when the contents contained in this booked are more that what one expects. useful, and current for any jobseekers at any level, and can even be used by consultants within this sector. its a must have, and excellent reading material.
on 28 March 2006
This is THE BEST CV book.
It has many superb examples of good-looking CVs, both for different sorts of jobs and for different ways of presenting yourself.
It is effective at getting you to think about what it is that makes YOU distinctive, and how to express that in a CV.
I also found that reading the book helped me focus better on seeking achievements that were satisfying for me, good for the company, and ultimately great for my CV.
I am able to repeatedly improve my CV as new projects, new jobs, and new opportunities provoke the need for change in the CV.
For many years, I have given copies of this super book to people I know, recommended it often, and continued to benefit by applying what I learned.
I continue to peruse CV books in shops. Some of them are very good - but the best remains "The Perfect CV".
If you are unsure of what future you want, if you are not happy with your job, or if you simply want a great CV then - BUY THIS BOOK.