on 25 July 2016
This book doesn't tell you just what food combine is, how to do it and it's benefits. It also tells you how to do it according to what illness you are facing as well as telling you extra tips to improve your situation.
One thing about food combining that has majorly helped my digestion was not to eat fruit with meals or after them. BIG BIG difference and if it wasn't for this book I would still do it and wonder why I would get always bloated if I was eating only whole foods.
I highly recommend this book!
on 8 September 2015
I never knew about food combining until someone told me about it so bought a few books to get to learn about it . Its really opened my eyes up to what food combining is all about and this book explains everything in full detail and even gives good menu ideas and what to combine and not to combine, the reasons about food combining for health , and it makes such sense for many stomach issues that so many of us suffer from . Worth a read its changed they way i eat
on 27 August 2015
What a fabulous book. It's got all the facts in about the foods you eat; how your body processes them - allergies and digestive disorders and how to remedy them. Great recipes too. Written by a medical professional who certainly knows what she is talking about. It all makes such sense and it is so easy to understand. Definitely highly recommend this book - it's my bible now! Arrived in excellent order.
on 17 March 2011
I bought this book after hearing about the diet being used by Jane Torville. I must say i was really surprised by what perfect sense this way of eating makes. It is not too difficult to work it in to an every day way of eating and you feel better and lose weight. I have lost just over a stone in 2 months and have lost the bloated feeling that i had after every meal. You just have to get your head round not mixing protein and starch, which we have all been brought up on, fish and chips is now a no no! I would recommend using this method to anyone who has struggled losing weight with other diets, it really does make sense!
on 25 September 2012
I recently borrowed this titled book from our local library. As I starting reading it things starting making sense regarding food digestion and diet etc.I lost 4 pounds in my first week without even trying!!! I was so impressed I then bought the book from Amazon. I keep the food combining book by my bedside and when I awake in the morning I read a few paragraphs to keep me on track for the rest of the day.I have now lost 1 stone in weight.Before using the food combining guide I ate lots of fruit and I always had awful indigestion and acid reflux. However I now eat fruit as suggested on an empty stomach {and not after meals} and I no longer get indigestion/reflux. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. It all makes sense and I am getting used to the different ways of eating the foods I love.
on 22 January 2017
Just such a brilliant book .A must for anyone who wants to follow the Hay diet, food combine, and eat very healthily.. The recipes are delicious . I would never have thought of putting grated ginger in a pasta sauce, but its gorgeous . So tasty ..i am so pleased i bought the book .
on 14 November 2015
Great book if you're into the details of physiology , and I am ..I've read lots of books on health but find that they dumb you down a little , and presume you wont understand the finer details . would recommend this book to anyone who is health conscious!
on 29 June 2014
Really good, clear approach. No fuss, simple instructions and quite motivating. I've got quite a lot of books on this way of eating (which is one of the most effective approaches to healthy eating I've experienced), and I'd say this is one of the best. Clear, comprehensive and easy to follow.
on 6 May 2013
This is definitely a 'complete book' on food combining. I am not an expert when it comes to good eating habits, but it appears to me that no stone has been left unturned in this fantastic book. If you follow the recommendations in the book, it is amazing how much better you feel in yourself. I cannot recommend this book highly enough.
on 18 June 2012
Very easy to read and understand. The author Kathryn Marsden is realistic about this diet and realises occasionally, being human, we may not follow exactly. However, obviously the more one follow the rules, the results will show more quickly. I would certainly recommend this book. It is excellent.