on 10 January 2002
Eureka! At last here is a clear, useful book that anyone may understand and that really will bring relief to those who suffer from this debilitating affliction. The author is careful to note that it is not intended to replace medical advice but it certainly will be a welcome addition to any treatment. There is nothing that will harm or damage the reader. In addition many questions about arthritis are explained in simple terms, easy for the layman to understand. All techniques and exercises are for the individual and need no partner.
The basic ethic is the use of acupressure to give some easing of pain. Clear photographs show exactly where to apply pressure. This approach is based on the principles of traditional Chinese medicine that emphasize preventive illness, dealing with underlying causes and treating the whole person. There are series of simple exercises for different parts of the body, again well-illustrated. The short chapter of advice on diet is useful. There are daily routines which will definitely improve the quality of lifestyle including a charming section on massaging your face into a smile. Anything that may help to relieve the pain and help to reduce reliance on prescription drugs is certainly worth trying.
on 10 January 2010
As a medical masseur and dealing with people who have movement problems and as I am always on the lookout for ways to increase my treament abilities, it was a pleasure to find this book.wether you are a professional or not it does not matter, with this book anyone can find and use these points which help to relieve the everyday aches and pains, as well as some of the more uncomfortable problems that the human body can suffer under.This is not a book of alternative treatment but about being able to help and support other treatments.Although it can be used for treating those minor irritations without having to resort to using medication.I have found that with regular use the points showen in this easy to folow book do work.
on 6 October 2001
I have borrowed this book from my library but I simply must buy one for myself! After 27 years of neurological pain, many hospital visits, and tons of analgesic tablets, at last I have found something that really works - acupressure. By following this books clear, concise and easily understood instructions,it is easy to treat yourself, by applying pressure to recommended points, for just 1 or 2 minutes twice a day. This treatment reduces my level of pain, so, I'm sure it could help other desperate people too. I have even taught my 78 year old mother how to do it, so that she can help in the places I can't reach! This book is truly indispensible to me.and I would like to thank Michael Gach for writing it. I am only sorry I did'nt come across it before now!
on 17 June 2011
For anyone suffering pain from Arthritis, this book provides an excellent guide to relief. It is a great book to dip into from time to time depending on your needs. It is very informative and it is highly recommended.

D. Jenks
on 5 August 2011
I have found this book very helpful, even before I purchased it from you guys I used my local Libraries version. When you are desperate to do anything to have pain relieve, this is the answer. Thank you very much.
on 7 March 2015
A good book for anyone who suffers arthritic pain, but heavy reading sometimes. Easy enough to understand, but requires the full use of your hands to execute the exercises.
on 14 November 2011
I like this book as the instructions are simplified and easy to understand. I use it to gain some knowledge of acupressure and for self treatment only.
on 11 January 2013
An excellent Book for the novice. Would recommend it for anyone who wants to know about Acupressure and provide relief for Arthritis sufferers.
on 27 July 2014
A very good book and helpful and informative. Many thanks for the fast delivery and good packaging
on 27 January 2011
I already had this book which comes out whenever arthritis flare ups occur and the exercises definitely work. On speaking to my sister who was complaining about arthritis in hands and ankles I went back onto Amazon site and ordered one to go direct to her.