Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 January 2014
Very interesting reading, some hard to believe, well worth reading to make up your own mind. No fear of dying if you do !
on 30 January 2014
A really good read. My son died last year and it gave me some comfort that he was in a better place and free from pain.
on 3 September 2011
I had read this book and loved the content of it. Then I googled her name and read some facts about her. I'm a highly evolved spiritual person and my intuition guided me to research her. Thank you guides for this help!

Please spread the word after googling her name with fake at the end.
on 26 August 2005
According to this book, the entire afterlife resembles a 'perfected' version of Southern California. Architecture there is Greco-Roman, people speak Aramaic, the temperature is always 78 degrees (I imagine not celsius...) I hope this is not the entire story or I would rather be allowed to quietly and privately turn into some nice rich compost! Oh, and if you are from a non-Western, non-Christian or (dare I say) non-USA culture, you may feel a bit lost and left out.
How could a native Australian aboriginal possibly feel at 'Home' driving an atomic-powered golf cart/hovercraft through a landscape of greco-Roman architecture, twin glass towers and speaking Aramaic.
Some interesting stuff here, but, please God this is not the whole story!!!
on 23 September 2009
I first bought this book in Canada some years ago and spent all night reading it. I recently bought another copy to give to a friend as a gift.If you are not aware of the dimensions of The Other Side then this is a book you should buy and read. As a hypnotherapist who practices regression I found this book very profound and it gave me another insight into what we can expect when we go to the other side. It is also reassuring to know that we do not "die" but live a much more fulfilling life. It is a book that answers so many questiions and helps in so many ways. Buy it and feel spiritually rewarded.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 January 2010
What a fantastic book, it truly gives me the courage to carry on in this life with all the trials we have to bear on this very broken fragile earth, it is a concept that some will find hard to grasp as it is such a reality different from what we all grew up believeing, we lost our beautiful twenty year old son three months ago and although it is very painful without him I know he is still alive and happy and one day we will meet up again. I would reccommend this book as a great insight in to why we are here and where we go after our work is done.
on 1 February 2013
An absolutely amazing book about the afterlife, wow if this is what it's like then what have we got to worry about, Sylvia has given me something to think about, as this is the first book I have read on this subject, I have just downloaded another book written by her so I hope it's as interesting as this one, I would certainly recommend it to anyone who has lost that special person in their lives as I have done, it proves that death is not the end, such a comforting feeling.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 November 2007
My belief in all things psychic has always been fairly neutral, I am open to believe, but don't wish to fall under the gullable title, and am therefore careful to ensure all logic has been accounted for first. I was given this book as a gift and decided to start it at the weekend - mistake...as absolutely nothing else got done all weekend...this is a captivating and compelling read and I would highly recommend it to anyone. I genuinely do feel spiritually different, and am now a firm believer in the afterlife, as many of the areas in this book do indeed ring true to things which I just brushed off as 'over-active' mind. It brings great comfort to know that there is more to life than this current world we live in, and to know that you are going to spend eternity with the people you love and cherish.
on 19 August 2010
wow what a read..i didn't want it to end..I guess its because I can relate to quite a bit of the content..as I've had similar dreams.
I love her books they're all such an easy read and this isn't an exception.
I've learnt so much about what happens when we pass over and all the stages involved..it really does make you feel very at ease about 'dying' ok some bits do sound a tad far-fetched BUT who knows what its going to be like until your numbers called!
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 February 2005
This is a fantastic book. I have read only a few spiritual books and this one has to be the most unique. There is a wealth of information about the other side. It is written in an excellent non-complicated way and was difficult to put down. Immensely enjoyable to learn what the other side looks like, what activities we do on the other side, totem animals, spirit guides, the process of our charts and how we come to earth etc and the other realms that exist out there. A must read for anyone who is interested in spiritualism!