Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 September 2010
I had been looking for a good acupressure book as in the chi kung class I attend we learn an acupressure point to heal an ailment. As I am a person who is reluctant to use conventional medicine unless I really have to I am always looking for an alternative way. This book is laid out very well with diagrams and an explantion on how to locate the pressure point and the ailment it will help. There are also useful hints on topics like diet included. At least now I can look up what I need to know and practice at home
on 6 July 2016
Good book
on 8 June 2017
Did not bye
on 9 February 2011
Few authors have done as much to popularise acupressure as Michael Reed Gach.
He presents his material in an easily accessible and direct manner.
Personally, I frequently refer to this book and have been able to use the information to treat or relieve a variety of symptoms.
I've seen two cases of Winter Vommiting bug stopped in it's tracks by a combination of techniques described in this book along with foot reflexology.
I'm sure that Michael Reed Gach is capable of a much more comprehensive work, one that will meet the needs of the professional therapist, or those who are contemplating becoming professionals.
For those unfamiliar with acupressure this book is an excellent introduction.
I'm sure that we can look forward to a lot more from Michael R Gach.

Bill
on 15 November 2010
I found all the reviews of this book very helpful as they were all so positive. I had never heard of acupressure so the write-ups gave a full account of the contents. I am using this for fibromyalgia and have found the exercises easy to do and have felt some positive changes. I have recommended this to several friends.
on 28 May 2010
This book gives clear precise directions on how to use acupressure successfully with a number of common complaints. It goes into the necessary detail about where the points are, how to apply pressure, how long to hold the pressure, and recommends using the points which have helped your condition, for about a month after the problem has resolved itself. In all, a truly excellent book!
on 20 June 2014
This book is ok, but I'm sure that there are others that get their message over, more easily. Look at some other reviews before you but.
on 14 November 2006
Following a brief introduction, the book is divided into chapters, dedicated to a particular ailment. This structure is very convenient for finding quickly what one needs.

Each chapter starts with a description of the condition, and then identifies the acupressure points for relieving it, explaining how they can be found on the body. The explanations are clear and simple, with diagrams to help one visualize the points.

At the end of each chapter there is a suggested sequence of exercises for stimulating the relevant points, with illustrations.

I found the book easy to use - it takes only 15-20 minutes to memorise a sequence, and they do not take long to perform. There are suggestions for a variety of symptoms, common in everyday life - even for getting rid of hic-ups! I'll be referring to it time and again.
on 15 October 2010
Excellent book. Clear and easy to follow instructions.The illustrations and photographs help you to locate pressure points.Not bogged down by too many medical facts or jargon. A practical handbook.
on 24 September 2010
Thorough, authoritative, and replete with countless supporting diagrams. Extremely practical in both organisation and in scope and relevance. The only caveat is that acupressure may or may not be effective for you.