on 13 December 2002
I bought this book for some easy reading and ended up being absolutely hooked! This is the best style and beauty book I have ever read. The advice is simple and superb and its honest and humourous approach is a breath of fresh air. I would give it ten stars if I could!
on 4 May 2003
I love this book. The humour makes it a good girly read but the advice is amazing. these tips have really boosted my confidence and i look great. i recommend it to everyone!!
on 1 August 2004
I really like this book, as I have always wondered how models seem to have flawless skin, have wonderous hair and seem to look 'perfect'. I enjoy reading some of the secerts that the author has picked up from the years. A really good book.
on 19 December 2002
I generally avoid 'self help' books but this one was recommended to me, so I had a look. I was pleased to find that it was fun to read and gave sensible realistic advice. The tips from models are really inventive and the main text has a very down to earth and up to date feel. It's reassuring to know that you can be too thin, too made up and take too many vitamins. I can now live comfortably, knowing that miracle treatments and face creams aren't worth spending a fortune on and just being fabulous is the way to go.
on 21 February 2014
I am surprised by the positive reviews of this book. I didnt think much of it at all. Maybe its because I have already made an effort to educate myself in skin care and healthy living but the *advice* in this book seemed either blatantly obvious- eg. wear sunscreen in the sun (DUH!- I never would have thought that tanning one's skin to chamois leather could make a person look old!); or slightly untrustworthy- eg. "maybelline great lash mascara is used by all the top models" etc.. I'm sorry, but every person I know who has tried this mascara has found it to be clumpy and smudgy, its awful stuff -cheap and nasty. Nothing in this book is new or groundbreaking and in a nutshell this book can be summed up by: "eat sensibly and healthily, exercise and wear sunscreen". Oh, and consult a plastic surgeon for advice on botox and fillers. So, basically, use your common sense. A good message but hardly a great "secret" in my opinion.
on 13 June 2014
Its literally just a book, not a llittle amazing beauty bible! Dont know what I was expecting, but that wasnt it. I read a few bits, but again these hot tips and tricks are tips and trick that my nan knew about 50 years ago, definitely nothing new or orginial in there,...just basic beauty book
on 18 March 2012
I have a mixed response to this. Some of the beauty tips conflict with other books I've read. For example, that putting lemon juice on your hair is bad for it, or that you should smile when applying blusher. I don't agree with these. Also, claiming that running can cause wrinkles is distinctly controversial! On the plus side, the writing style is chatty, occasionally witty and definitely engaging. The writer gives us an insight into a top model's life which is interesting and inspiring. The last twenty pages of the book concern how to be happy and I found this information the most positive and helpful of all.
on 4 April 2006
The most useful book I have read for years.
I normally hate these kinds of books, finding them cliched and obvious, but a friend insisted I read it and she's right. The fact that top models are so practical and resourceful was a complete surprise, and to learn that the really good tricks of the trade don't have to cost heaps of money and really work was a revelation. Highly recommended!
on 22 April 2012
Usually I am skeptical about this kind of books. 95% of them are many pages about things you surely already know. In this one I have found really useful tips that i use still today. One of rare books in which u can really find something.
on 20 February 2014
I bought this book as I love reading health and beauty tips - especially from models. Although some of the tips I disagree with, I found it very interesting reading about how the models actually do things and various parts of their routines. I think the book applies to model's lifestyles back in the nineties which is when the author Victoria Nixon was on the scene, I think current models do things differently and have very different health and beauty routines. Regardless I enjoyed this book and am next to read 'Supermodel's Diet and Fitness secrets'.