Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Shop now Fitbit

Customer reviews

on 14 March 2000
After having read the excellent Indian Restaurant Curry book by Pat Chapman, being vegetarian, I ordered what I thought would be a vegetarian version. I was bitterly dissapointed. The advice at the beginning of the book - (techniques etc.), is not only inconsistent with his other books, but does not apply (clearly) to any of the recipies! Basically, if you want to spend all day in the kitchen cooking up fiddly food with obscure ingredients - then this is the book for you. I am so dissapointed I am going to send the book back and would suggest that only vegetarians should write vegetarian cook books!
on 23 November 2000
I was given this book as a gift; if I'd bought it myself I would have returned it. This is not a scratch on the same author's "Indian Restaurant Cookbook", and shows all the signs of having been too hastily put together.
There are far better Indian vegetarian books available, in terms of clarity and variety.
on 25 April 2000
I disagree with the previous reviewer of this book. Although not ideal for those new to Indian cooking, I found the glossary and 'techniques' section very helpful, and the recipes themselves are easy and fun to follow, with very authentic and tasty results. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to expand their curry repertoire. The book also contains the best and most foolproof recipe for cooking rice that I have ever come across.