Customer reviews

I am David (World Mammoth)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 June 2017
I read this at school many many years ago and gave it to my 10 year old son as I loved it. He loved it too. Sad but fantastic story telling.
on 17 October 2017
Very popular with the teenagers1
on 22 August 2017
Good book.
on 22 September 2017
Came quickly. A lovely book to read.
on 15 May 2017
Read this when i was younger. Glad amazon had it for me! Very good read!
on 19 May 2017
Good book arrived in perfect condition
VINE VOICEon 19 August 2005
Starting this review, I cannot recommend this book highly enough. I first read this book when I was in my early teens and have since owned three copies of the book in the 15 years since. This is a book that will always be in my personal collection and one that will be passed onto my children when they reach a similar age.
I Am David is the tale of a young boy who has spent all of his known life in a concentration camp and the story begins as he is helped to escape by one of the guards. Why the guard has helped him is unknown and thoughout the early part of the story, David is certain that is some sort of ruse.
As the book moves on, David makes his way across Europe before finally reaching his destination in a touching finale.
Along the way, David learns how his time in the camp has made him different to all those he travels amongst as finds his haunted features and inability to smile mark him apart.
Througout the book, I found myself humbled by the spirit of David and his value of even the smallest item in his possession. This book makes you realise how much you take for granted when a small boy treasures something as simple as a bar of soap.
Overall, this is a well written story that inspires real emotion in it's readers and makes you realise how thankful many of us should be for the lives we lead.
0Comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse