on 19 May 2017
Hallelujah. Finally a book that gives you a real insight about pricing.
I've been in business for 4 years and struggled with pricing. But here's the cool bit. I contacted Peter Hill via email and the guy called me and gave me some amazing advice.
If you're a business owner who's scratching around for cash. Buy the book:-)
on 21 August 2013
Peter Hill's new book is inspiring and a great read. It certainly was a light bulb moment for me and a very sound investment as far as I am concerned. As I leafed through the pages, I felt like Homer Simpson, when he realises that he has left his keys in the door overnight!

Written in simple English, Peter Hill delivers his message in a clear and concise way that makes you think about the fundamentals of pricing, and more importantly its impact on the bottom line and ultimately the profitability of your business.

The book has challenged me and caused me to question my own pricing strategy within my business. More importantly it has shifted some of my focus away from my competitors. Peter's view is that we need to "tip the value scales" and understand your own pricing strategy as well as your competitors! For far too long, I have been worried about the competition and what they are charging. Sound familiar?

We think we know about pricing, but do you or your staff realise the impact discounting has? I never considered this before! Have you?

There is some sound advice in this book and for me it's a good read and great value. Well done Peter Hill.
on 10 July 2013
I was expecting this to be a great, useful business book (Kogan Page are a fab publisher and their books are usually fantastic). What I wasn't expecting was for it to completely blow my socks off!!

I have to admit, I am not a particularly numerate person and I have struggled with the financial aspects of running a business for many years. This wonderful book has changed all of that. Not only do I now have a clear view of how pricing fits in to my sales and marketing activity so I understand where I've been going wrong; I also now have a simple, step-by-step plan of action for putting it all right! I have never been so excited about sorting out my financials.

What the author does so beautifully is explain everything in clear, simple, jargon-free language, without being at all condescending. I came away feeling like the pricing penny had finally dropped and super inspired to make the necessary changes in my business.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough to anyone who is self-employed or runs any sort of company. It's brilliant.
on 12 December 2014
What a fantastic book to get down to the nitty gritty of of business Pricing do's and dont's. Anybody who has run their own business will understand the fundamentals and rate this book highly. I was passed this by my MD and he was adamant that we should all read this in our team. Now I know why. This is how to turn your sales team (and everyone else in the business for that matter) into professional business people thinking about the sanity of Profit rather than the vanity of Sales. Touches every aspect and has made a very significant change to our bottom line - real tangible money!
on 2 October 2013
This book offers straightforward good advice presented in a clear easy to understand manner
The author uses case studies which he has been directly involved in to make his points and as such this is a useful tool in the product pricing element of any business.
It flows well and is an easy read.
I have already used many of the suggested methods to great effect.
Thoroughly worth reading and retaining as a reference document.
on 3 July 2016
A superb read and it does what it says on the tin - pricing for profit ! I had bought the book a while back and read some of it, but had cause to re-read the whole book this time for a digital business I am involved with. It was a boost of confidence to hear Peter talk authoritatively about real life example of how a revised pricing strategy helped save businesses. The human psychology element is very interesting too and reminds us how easily people want to please by offering a discount without thinking about the impact on the bottom line. If that's what you want to impact, this book is superb. Highly recommended indeed.
Easy to read, but not detailed enough. Has some good points but will generally leave you without real insight into pricing
on 8 August 2013
I have just finished reviewing this book for the Professional Services Marketing Association Magazine (PM Forum). Speaking as a numerically illiterate marketing person I hadn't expected to get a lot of joy out of this book... but how wrong could I be?

The first thing that strikes you is the warm, friendly tone of voice... this man is an accountant that actually speaks in plain English! But it's not just that... although his opinions are strong they are backed up with experience and examples, rather than waffly academic theories and models. He doesn't just tell you what to do but takes the time to explain why... so that, at every stage, you're nodding away, genuinely understanding how this is relevant to your business.

As one would expect, each chapter ends with handy action points and QR codes, linking to downloads from his website. Key points are hammered home with pull-out boxes, exclaiming `ouch' in the same way that Homer Simpson goes `doh' at the point of realisation that something has gone wrong. And, crucially, the book itself ends with a whole chapter dedicated to `42 action points' you really have zero excuse for not working your way through, right away. This book may be about pricing but it is far from being about navel-gazing and theory. It is utterly and completely grounded in relevant common sense and action.

If you're sitting on the fence... get off it... how wrong you would be to pass this book by. It might just be the one read this year that makes an impact on your business's bottom line. I urge you to read it. Now.
on 26 March 2014
This is the 2nd time I have read this book. I would strongly urge any business owner, senior manager or business consultant to read this book at it simplifies how and why you need to be 100% with your pricing as it effects your bottom line if you don't.

I have been implementing a few of these strategies into clients with great success.

Great reading :-)

Tom
on 24 January 2016
This book is full of practical advice. Pricing is the most important part of the profit equation, and the most misunderstood or overlooked. Peter has done a wonderful job of explaining how to use price to improve profits. This is a great book for any business owner.