on 30 October 2012
It took me a while to realise how good this book is. I have had versions of it for some years and dipped into it on and off, but eventually I read it end-to-end (which the authors discourage), and really liked what I read. The authors have a great balance of theory and practical knowledge.

I like the first part of the book and the differentiation between individual, team and organisational change which is essential for the change practitioner to understand. Yet few writers really get to grips with this. I also like the way that they present theory and then give their views on it. However, I found the second half of the book on practical applications less convinving and at times somewhat rambling. There is good advice there, but there is also a certain amount of waffle.
8 people found this helpful
on 29 October 2012
Cameron and Green's 3rd edition Making Sense of Change Management is in its own a masterpiece on the passionate and complex subject of change management. The book provides an evolving approach starting with the individual change up to the organizational one. A couple of real cases are presented providing great understanding of the application process. The final section gives an insight of emerging inquiries which I truly found remarkable. Vey helpful are the summary sections in the end of each chapter. The presentation and pros and cons of different theories is quite useful with a 360º perspective. My humble suggestion of improvement is to include some more on-line links where we could find individual profile tests i.e. MBTI and the alike.
2 people found this helpful
on 17 July 2013
I you are interested in Change management, this is one of those books you need to have. Great study book
One person found this helpful
on 13 March 2013
Great read. It covers the Change Management theory, in addition it provides a good guide on methodology and tools required to manage change.
on 1 July 2014
quite a basic text. did not use this at all in the change management module i completely.
on 1 January 2014
Comprehensive view, pragmatic, holistic approach, tools and techniques to apply ...It empowers one to think of change as a strategic view rather than apply tactics which would be limited to specific circumstances.
One person found this helpful
on 1 January 2014
I wanted to remind myself of some of the key factors involved in change management. This is a good book to dip in and out of, rather than read from front to back.
on 1 May 2014
This book is laid out very well, and provides an easy to understand dialogue also extremely easy to reference from it
on 4 October 2014
From what I've read so far, this is a great guide to the field of change management. Not sure it suits the kindle format for me as I would prefer it in a paper copy so that I can make notes easier and flick through the book more easily. Still it is a very useful text book as it covers both the procedural and human factors of change which are so important.
on 1 September 2013
I like this book because it is about my main course. Compared to the similar product, the content is more about my study area.