on 2 April 2013
Very informative a great insight into a entrepreneurs mind
It doesn't go into much detail but gives a feel for each person
I would highly recommend this book
on 29 July 2013
The book was in good form.

It looks like brand new.

I will recommend it to others.

The packaging and delivery date was excellent.
on 28 March 2013
Nice overview of some inspirational stories, I would have preferred 10 short biographies with more detail, rather than 40 very short ones, good nonetheless.
on 14 April 2013
Interesting reading, confirms that character is essential, linked with a dream but also with luck, a happy coincidence. Hard work is not the only answer.
on 15 July 2007
If you need inspiration or are just having a hard time of things in your bussiness then I can suggest picking this up. It really helps to know that other people, normal people have all been through it before and makes you carry on. It made me keep going and and as they say every little helps! No, seriously its o.k, just don't expect any advice on how to, more along the lines of don't give up!!
on 29 June 2007
I love this book. I have read it about a million times and I still find it really inspiring. I have bought a copy for all my friends. It makes me think that one day I could start up a business and make it a big success too. I probably won't but it is nice to dream! I also really like Rachel Bridge's other book My Big Idea. It is in the same kind of format as this one but is more about where people got their ideas for their business from.
on 6 June 2013
This book has been slightly underwhelming...

I bought this book because I wanted to see how the 40 businesses told in the story had become successful. The book summarises their successes too much IMO. It does not go into the actual graft, the emotion and hard work that these successful people have gone through which was a disappointment.
on 13 April 2011
These 40 brief accounts of entrepreneurs who made it big make for an entertaining read, but not an altogether inspiring one.

Whilst two or three of the 40 really did start from scratch, most seem to have had access to the kind of start-up resources that most of us can only dream of. Phrases of the 'and so he raised the £50,000 he needed from family and friends' kind do little for those of us who don't have friends and relatives with that kind of cash. This is not to say that they are not all very capable and astute business people, but I was much more impressed by those entrepreneurs who started with next to nothing and built their business from the kitchen table, and it would have been nice to read more accounts like this.

On the whole, though, an upbeat, optimistic book and a good read.
on 31 January 2017
A great read. Shows that anybody can get ahead
on 7 July 2013
This was an easy, enjoyable read with interesting stories about successful entrepreneurs in different industries and with different backgrounds. Follow your passion and work hard seems to be the key !